Options

VTC vs Infinite Skills

Hi!

Bokeh was nice enough to post that udemy was selling video sets for $10 :) (Thank you!!) (to get the deal use the BEST10 code, it expires 4/23 (I'm not sure if that means midnight tonight or 11:59 tomorrow)
I was wondering, has anyone tried the VTC series? I was wondering what was better VTC or Infinite Skills?

Thank you!
Check out www.manager-tools.com for some great management training for free!

Comments

• Options
    J.TotJ.Tot Member Posts: 84 ■■□□□□□□□□
    inifiniteskills is more thorough and better of the two, but I cant stand either of the authors. John Savill with Infiniteskills is ok, but somewhat dry and too quick on many topics.

I couldn't stand the author of the VTC vids.

I prefer Trainsignal with Ed Lieberman for the MCSA vids, concise, upbeat, easy to listen to.

Avoid the CBT nuggets for this, James Conrad is a pratt and likes to talk about other things that hold no relation to the coursework.

After you watch one series they all end up being pretty much the same, you still need to study, read technet, read a book. You wont get everything you need out of any of these.
    VCP5 : [X] | VCP6 : [X] | MCSE : 70-412 [X] , 70-417 [ ] , 70-413 [ ] , 70-414 [ ] | VCAP : [ ]
  • Options
    KorovievKoroviev Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I am a big fan of John Savill. Great information delivered concisely, but not rushed. However, I also like Ed Liberman's lessons. I have struck a balance between the two. I prefer to listen to the Liberman videos while I am driving and then quickly review the content with the Savill videos, paying close attention for extra details, or important information stated differently. I have referenced the series by James Conrad, but I don't much care for it. He does not seem like a bad guy, but I find his videos a tad grating.
  • Options
    NetworkingStudentNetworkingStudent Member Posts: 1,407 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Glynixx wrote: »
    Hi!

Bokeh was nice enough to post that udemy was selling video sets for $10 :) (Thank you!!) (to get the deal use the BEST10 code, it expires 4/23 (I'm not sure if that means midnight tonight or 11:59 tomorrow)
    I was wondering, has anyone tried the VTC series? I was wondering what was better VTC or Infinite Skills?

Thank you!

From the website

Don't wait! Offer ends 11:59 pm PST, April 23, 2014
    When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened."

--Alexander Graham Bell,
    American inventor