Options

Failed and did not put in a voucher, second shot help?

chompychompy Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
I took 70-410, I paid via prometric and did not put in any voucher, do I have to pay an another fee if I failed?How do you put in a second shot?, I'm quite confused. I already paid via prometric, is it a separate payment aside form the 150 from prometric??Any help please?

Comments

• Options
    atari37atari37 Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm not sure I follow the question. Usually you purchase a second shot voucher or sometimes you apply for a second shot voucher and then use that voucher number to purchase your exam. When you fail, you go back to prometric and register using the same voucher (I think). I haven't had to use a second shot yet.
  • Options
    For me, I went directly online Prometric and pay the 150, they send me the reciept and all that, on my email, then I failed. I ask the testing centre what do I need to bring for a re-take, they ask mer for a voucher, and so far I dont have a voucher, then searching online, I stumble upon a Microsoft second shot. I though when you paid via prometric, automagically you will already have a shot on the Microsoft second shot. so the question is do I have to re-pay an another 150 for the re-take, that's 300 for just one exam 70-410
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Yep. Since you didn't initially get the second shot, you will need to pay $150 for the exam again. If you want, you can now get the second shot so in case you fail a second time, you can take it a third time for free. The other option would be a reduced price voucher (usually around $100 on eBay) but be warned those come with NO second shot.
  • Options
    atari37atari37 Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Sorry to hear that. Sounds like you might be out of luck. Does your email receipt say anything about a second shot? I believe you needed to get the voucher from Microsoft before registering for the exam at Prometric. That's how I did mine.
  • Options
    atari37 wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that. Sounds like you might be out of luck. Does your email receipt say anything about a second shot? I believe you needed to get the voucher from Microsoft before registering for the exam at Prometric. That's how I did mine.

no not really, sucks though coming from comptia usually you buy the voucher directly, when we pay that's it. that's extra 150$ down the drain of negligence.

Anyways thanks for the advices appriciate and managed to clear the air. I have experience in administering AD and decided to take the test. went directly at prometric, didnt input any code or vouchers, didnt know you have to specify that second shot voucher once you pay,I just wish Microsoft ram this information on first time takers.
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Not sure how you registered, but when you go here there's a BIG banner promoting the Second Shot. They also published it on the Born2Learn blog, email newsletters, Twitter, FB, and other avenues. More so, if you go to the Prometric landing page there's also a banner promoting the same. Step by step list the first action to take is to Register for the Second Shot. They also clearly say "When registering for the retake exam, individuals must provide their Second Shot voucher numbers."