Options

ICND2 Pass!

ghoulghoul Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
I passed the ICND2 yesterday with an 867. Not as high as I would've liked, but I'm glad to have my CCNA!
I started studying for ICND2 in early Feb, a couple days after passing the ICND1. I went through the CBT Nuggets 200-101 series and then read Odom's book. After that, I took a practice test and then re-watched videos for the stuff I felt shaky about. I had pretty good scores in every category except for WAN Technologies. Some of the frame-relay subject matter really put me to sleep.

My recommendation to anyone taking this soon is to be as comfortable as possible with RSTP and OSPF. They threw a ton of that stuff at me.

I'm going to take a break for a while, because I feel like I've been a semi-absent husband and father since the fall when I started studying for ICND1. When I feel good and ready, I'm going to start studying for CCNA Security.

Comments

• Options
    davenulldavenull Member Posts: 173 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! :)
    Why CCNA Security next? Are you already working in the field?
  • Options
    10Linefigure10Linefigure Member Posts: 368 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Great job
    CCNP R&S, Security+
    B.S. Geography - Business Minor
    MicroMasters - CyberSecurity
    Professional Certificate - IT Project Management
  • Options
    goldenlightgoldenlight Member Posts: 378 ■■□□□□□□□□
    A pass is a pass in my book congratulation! I believe every time you pass a CCNA exam, it renews your original. So technically you can take a new exam every year and renew your original one.
    The Only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven't found it keep looking. Don't settle - Steve Jobs
  • Options
    ghoulghoul Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
    davenull wrote: »
    Congrats! :)
    Why CCNA Security next? Are you already working in the field?
    I'm a network technician in a decently large enterprise where we work closely with the security team. A bunch of things have happened recently, and I will need to step up my game in every way possible. I have an interest in security, and I figured it would be helpful in my position. I'll eventually go for NP R&S, but I'm in no hurry for that.
  • Options
    SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    Congratulations!!!
    Great jobs.
  • Options
    shyguyITshyguyIT Member Posts: 380
    Congrats! icon_thumright.gif
    2017 Goals:
    Route[X], Switch [], TSHOOT[]