Online access to Cisco Catalyst Lab

LanswitcherLanswitcher Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□

UPDATE: 2 routers and a tunnel to another lab site have been added.

I'm a network engineer in the Washington DC area, and I have some switches I want to make available for people to use. You can access them here:

telnet 72.205.54.70 49001
telnet 72.205.54.70 49002
telnet 72.205.54.70 49003

More switches will be added. Tonight, I added some fibre.

For network diagram and updates, go to http://labswitch.blogspot.com. Please logon, thank you!

Comments

• LanswitcherLanswitcher Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    A 4th switch, a Catalyst 3560, has been added. It came with a bad console cable, so it got swapped, and I'm waiting for a new console cable. Port 49002 is down now, but you might be able to telnet to that 3550 from within the lab.

To reach the 3560, just telnet 72.205.54.70 49004.
  • ChooseLifeChooseLife Member Posts: 941 ■■■■■■■□□□
    +rep just for the fact that you're doing this
    “You don’t become great by trying to be great. You become great by wanting to do something, and then doing it so hard that you become great in the process.” (c) xkcd #896

GetCertified4Less
    - discounted vouchers for certs
  • RomBUSRomBUS Member Posts: 699 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Wow very commendable. Even though I haven't gotten to that part of my Cisco learning yet that's an interesting idea.
  • ITtech2010ITtech2010 Member Posts: 92 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • dmac17dmac17 Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    +1 Thanks

I have a few switches at home that I have yet to get all cabled up. It is good you are doing this.. It may get a little difficult to get time on them at some point im sure.
  • mdasdarmdasdar Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • wavewave Member Posts: 342
    Thanks!! This is great! Now I can practice PVLANS on the 3560! Very much appreciated.

ROUTE Passed 1 May 2012
    SWITCH Passed 25 September 2012
    TSHOOT Passed 23 October 2012
    Taking CCNA Security in April 2013 then studying for the CISSP
    The lab has been evolving, and there are now 6 switches in total. Thanks to all who are logging in! Nice to see people from all over the world!
  • ITtech2010ITtech2010 Member Posts: 92 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Wow this is incredible. I had four switches to pretty much do Access and Core layer but you have all 3. Excellent man!
  • luberguilarteluberguilarte Member Posts: 112
    Thank you soooooo much , good to think about helping others , very much appreciated .
  • luberguilarteluberguilarte Member Posts: 112
    Lanscitcher , can you add a topology diagram and assign ip address to their neighbors , because I was trying to telnet between switches but it looks like their neighbors do not have and ip address assign. That way we can have full domain.
    Thanks.
    Hi, you can add any IP's you want to the switches and routers. It's your lab! The only IP recommended to have is the one on R2 facing the Linux host.
    Lanscitcher , can you add a topology diagram and assign ip address to their neighbors , because I was trying to telnet between switches but it looks like their neighbors do not have and ip address assign. That way we can have full domain.
    Thanks.
    2 routers have been added to the lab. There is also a tunnel to a lab site in Bucharest.

If you have some Cisco routers or switches you want to tunnel to my lab, please contact me. Thanks!
  • amsicamsic Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for letting us play around on some hardware for free. Please be gentle with my IP / info :)
    my access control script treats all IP's the same...haven't had to ban anybody icon_wink.gif

amsic wrote: »
    Thanks for letting us play around on some hardware for free. Please be gentle with my IP / info :)
  • JuniperGuyJuniperGuy Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□

UPDATE: 2 routers and a tunnel to another lab site have been added.

I'm a network engineer in the Washington DC area, and I have some switches I want to make available for people to use. You can access them here:

telnet 72.205.54.70 49001
    telnet 72.205.54.70 49002
    telnet 72.205.54.70 49003

More switches will be added. Tonight, I added some fibre.

For network diagram and updates, go to Free Cisco Catalyst Switch Lab. Please logon, thank you!

Good deal man! What are you using for the term server page? I've got some juniper gear I wouldn't mind setting up like this.

Just a note....ever turn off spanning tree and watch the lights go all blinky blinky? :D
  • anisKanisK Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Sorry to bump such an old thread but it is still working? I got permission died icon_sad.gif i have found another website with switches but there are no routers... I would post the link here but I don't want to seem like a 1 post advertiser even tho it's not my website...
  • chowzenchowzen Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yes, I noticed that it is only open to invited readers..

Lanswitcher - Is there any way you can grant access to us ? Otherwise, anisK, can you please post the site as I am busy with my CCNP switch.

appreciate it,

• theodoxatheodoxa Member Posts: 1,340 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I have used Labswitch in the past. It was nice to be able to quickly lab something while at work, etc...Only real downside is that folks would ignore the instructions and assign a password other than the one the site said to use to the CLI, requiring digging through the logs to find the password they had used. At least once someone configured "login local" without creating a username/password and I've also seen where the configuration was pasted in (with an encrypted password). Some folks have even deleted the IOS. In my experience at least a few of the unused switches were down at any given moment due to one of the above reasons. They had 10 switches if I remember correctly, which made it easier to find a couple switches that weren't in use or locked out.
    R&S: CCENT CCNA CCNP CCIE [ ]
    Security: CCNA [ ]
    Virtualization: VCA-DCV [ ]
  • golu123golu123 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hello Landswitcher, I was trying to read your blog but it throws "access denied" . Would you be able to send me an invitation please?
  • MooseboostMooseboost Member Posts: 778 ■■■■□□□□□□
    OP hasn't been active since 2012.... So, the answer is probably a no.