New GIAC cert offering: GMON

2»

Comments

• PupilPupil Member Posts: 168
    Thinking of enrolling in this course next year. Is it worth it for those w/ SOC experience ?
  • SplunkingAroundSplunkingAround Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey
    I took this course in July. I saw that they finally posted the exam online. Does anyone have a review sheet they wrote up for the exam that they are willing to share? I am looking to take the exam very soon.

Thank you
  • rgstrdnnyrgstrdnny Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I took the training March 2015 so I am assuming alot has changed. Anyone care to share the contact of the instructors?:D
  • LWB250LWB250 Member Posts: 59 ■■■□□□□□□□
    rgstrdnny wrote: »
    I took the training March 2015 so I am assuming alot has changed. Anyone care to share the contact of the instructors?:D

You should be able to go back to the SANS event pages and see who taught the classes. Their contact information is on the SANS site as well.
  • zxbanezxbane Member Posts: 740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Hey all,

Took the practice exam on Friday, got a 74%. Circling back to refine the index some more and I am scheduling the exam for Feb 10th. Looking forward to getting this one out of the way.
  • JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Good luck zxbane!! When you took the practice exam, did you mostly use your books or did you just go off of memory?
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • zxbanezxbane Member Posts: 740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Honestly I only referenced the index like 30% of the time or less I would say. A lot of it was answered based on study from the books, attending the class and just general knowledge. Hoping this means I am well prepared.. Plan to refine my index over the next week and a half, take another practice exam 2 days out and then wish for the best!
  • JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    That's good. I find it better to do the first practice exam with little to no index/book use, just to see how well you know the material. From there study the weak areas and take another practice exam using the index/book just as much as you intend/need to in the real thing.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • rgstrdnnyrgstrdnny Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Any one took the test recently? Any tips?