Options

recommend me a vmware cert for my cv?

chickenlicken09chickenlicken09 Member Posts: 537 ■■■■□□□□□□
Looking to get a vmware cert on my cv but cannot afford to do the vcp, any others worth doing that are worth puting on the CV?

Comments

• Options
    joelsfoodjoelsfood Member Posts: 1,027 ■■■■■■□□□□
    You can get the VCA if you really want a vmware cert on your resume, but it tends not to be worth it. VCP and higher are all that I ever see in job listings, etc. I think I took my VCA off my resume
  • Options
    CassLCassL Member Posts: 13 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I have to agree with joelsfood. VCP or higher will really be the only VMware certs that will hold much weight. You can get a VCA if you just have to have a VMware cert, but it really isn't worth much.
  • Options
    chickenlicken09chickenlicken09 Member Posts: 537 ■■■■□□□□□□
    yeah vca not worth it, not many options so without having to fork out and attend for a vcp...maybe i will start with aws, looks to be on alot of job specs these days.
  • Options
    metalone4metalone4 Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thank you for starting this thread. I was all set to start prepping for the VCP before I learned the approved training courses were so pricey. I then considered VCA but luckily I opened this thread. I will now prepare for the AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate exam using the course I bought on Udemy for $15.
  • Options
    HP_GuyHP_Guy Member Posts: 77 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Search on here for the threads about Stanly Community College, does the VMware Academy approved course for VCP for a LOT less than the usual courses, something like $185.
  • Options
    STANLY_CCSTANLY_CC Member Posts: 338 ■■■■□□□□□□
    We are an authorized VMware IT Academy, and we the course we offer meets the education portion of the VM certification. However, we can offer the VMware course only to individuals and not as part of corporate training. Additionally, this course is designed for students who have not yet taken the VCP exam. Students who have already passed the exam would still have to retake the exam using the voucher given at the end of the course in order to receive full VMware VCP certification.

This course is offered under the umbrella of Continuing Education, and it is conducted online, including labs, in an asynchronous manner which basically means it is available to students 24/7. Students can study at their own pace provided you meet the minimum due dates set by the instructor. The courses are 8 weeks in length, and the current tuition & lab fee costs total $185. There is also an optional textbook in both hard copy and e-book formats available through our book store. We are currently teaching the 5.5 version of the VMware curriculum, but will be moving to 6.0 sometime this year.

We enroll students in the VMware courses in the order in which they registered on our online wait list. If you have not added your information to this list please do so at https://vmware.stanly.edu/waitlist.php. We apologize for any delay, but as you can imagine these classes are extremely popular. We make every effort to accommodate all students in a timely manner.

At this time, due to evolving changes in higher education regulations, SCC is unable to serve all of the students that are interested in our courses or programs. SCC will no longer be able to offer distance education online programs or courses for students residing in Alaska, Arkansas, Idaho, Indiana, Kentucky, Maryland, Minnesota, Missouri, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Wyoming, and Puerto Rico.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us. You can also visit our VMware page on our SCC website https://www.stanly.edu/future-students/continuing-education/technology-courses/vmware-vsphere-install-configure-manage.
  • Options
    Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    wth, why not KY? you no like Bluegrass???
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • Options
    STANLY_CCSTANLY_CC Member Posts: 338 ■■■■□□□□□□
    We love Bluegrass!! However, KY is one of the states that does not allow us in!! If you would like more details, please email me at slewis8950@stanly.edu & reference this post.
    Mike-Mike wrote: »
    wth, why not KY? you no like Bluegrass???
  • Options
    jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    A cert you get for a CV is the wrong reason to get a cert icon_wink.gif
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p
  • Options
    TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    jibbajabba wrote: »
    A cert you get for a CV is the wrong reason to get a cert icon_wink.gif

What he said.