Passed GSEC today.

wolf9081wolf9081 Member Posts: 61 ■■■□□□□□□□
Well passed the GSEC today with a 92%.
I attended the SANs SEC401 course in VA Beach last month and had Dr. Eric Cole as an instructor.
If you ever have the opportunity to attend one of his courses or lectures it is definitely worth it.

I spent 3 weeks following the course studying the course materials and building my index. I also took 3 practice exams.
I felt the exams were similar in difficulty level as compared to the actual certification exam.

I will be starting SEC504 ON-Demand in a few days and will be taking the exam late Oct.
Goal is 4 GIAC exams in 4 months. 1 down 3 to go.

Comments

• cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Congrats on the pass! What other exams do you have in mind after GCIH?
  • wolf9081wolf9081 Member Posts: 61 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I am in the SAN Cyber Immersion Academy and will be completing GCIH, GCIA and NetWars by the end of the year. I also need to find time to take the GCCC exam, I completed the course a few months back as part of the SANs work study program.
  • danny069danny069 Member Posts: 1,025 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good job Wolf that's great that you can do all the SANS training I am envious!
    I am a Jack of all trades, Master of None
  • rudegeekrudegeek Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Gratz and good luck! A lot of material to take in, but definitely doable with dedication! Also, is that Netwars Continuous? If so, give us an update of how that goes once you're finished!
  • twodogs62twodogs62 Member Posts: 393 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I agree, he is outstanding.

i think he sounds like Scott Bayo.
    hope I got name right.
  • ansel1261ansel1261 Member Posts: 24 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • gncsmithgncsmith Member Posts: 459 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • TechGromitTechGromit Member Posts: 2,156 ■■■■■■■■■□
    wolf9081 wrote: »
    I also took 3 practice exams.

How did you get three practice tests?
    Still searching for the corner in a round room.
    One of the students in my course only used 1 of his practice exams and transferred the extra to exam to me.
  • domo arigatodomo arigato Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Would you say the questions were more in-depth on the real exam and required more application of concepts to answer, or were the questions about the same level as practice questions were? Tia! I test next week and have 2 practice exams done, not the best score (79%) so really hoping the real exam isn't much harder!!
    I think the actual exam is very similar to the practice exams. I actually have done better on all of my certification exams vs. the practice.
  • domo arigatodomo arigato Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the quick answer! Nerves are setting in now, so that helps icon_smile.gif