Options

How long to prepare?

JKWilliamsSrJKWilliamsSr Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
Was wondering if someone can give me some insight on the amount of time it took to prepare for the exam. I just took a couple practice tests and got approx 60% of the questions correct. This is without any preparation. My hope is to take the exam in a month and wondered if 4 hours of day studying for the exam for about 30 days would be good enough.

I guess my main question is was how much time did those of you that passed spend preparing for the exam?

Comments

• Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Only you will know when you are ready, and only you know what type of student you are.

The amount of time to prepare depends on:
    - one's experience, this is an exam geared toward a candidate with experience in the areas tested.
    -how well one understands the objectives - even with limited experience, much can be easily learned, what type of materials are you using...I.e. Which text or texts are you using to prepare?

One to two weeks review for candidates with experience is typically fine. A month or more with a decent amount of study for those with limited experience.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    JKWilliamsSrJKWilliamsSr Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks Plantwiz your reponse helps a lot. I have almost 20 years experience in the field and honestly do not think there is an issue I cannot resolve. However.....I have to admit that while I can resolve an issue I do not know all to terminology that is required for today's exams. I happened to get into the field where experience counted and certifications were just really becoming big. However since I did have experience it helped me get jobs.

I now find myself looking for a job as my company decided to move our positions overseas. I have had some bites but feel the network+ certification will help me in the long run.

I do not want to take anything for granted and think I could possibly be prepared in a couple weeks but I think it is best to use caution in this and make sure I am truly prepared.