Options

MCSA Night and/or Weekend Classes?

technewbeetechnewbee Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi all,

I've been looking feverishly for an MCSA night and/or weekend course, but have come up empty. I've tried the self-study pace via videos, books, etc., but I've found that I cannot learn that way. I need a live instructor, classroom setting. I've filled out several 'contact us' forms over the past week, but haven't heard back yet.

I work full-time, married, kids, etc. I'm in the IT industry, but my company won't send me to training...yet.

I'm looking for an MCSA program (410, 411, 412) on weeknights and/or weekends preferrably in the southern california area, specifically Orange County. I've looked at the local colleges, but they offer online only or it's one semester per class (sometimes 8 weeks).

The closest I've come so far is ONLC.com which has an 'After Hours' program. It's a virtual instructor but in a classroom setting. While it's not "in-person" instruction, it's the closest I've found.

Any ideas? Please help!

thanks for reading!

Comments

• Options
    poolmanjimpoolmanjim Member Posts: 285 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Have you checked any nearby community colleges? Many of them have certification programs that are offered during off hours to accommodate situations just like yours.
    2019 Goals: Security+
    2020 Goals: 70-744, Azure
    Completed: MCSA 2012 (01/2016), MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure (07/2017), MCSA 2017 (09/2017)
    Future Goals: CISSP, CCENT
  • Options
    powerfoolpowerfool Member Posts: 1,666 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I would definitely check community colleges. The only offerings around here are from the questionable for-profit schools.
    2024 Renew: [ ] AZ-204 [ ] AZ-305 [ ] AZ-400 [ ] AZ-500 [ ] Vault Assoc.
    2024 New: [X] AWS SAP [ ] CKA [ ] Terraform Auth/Ops Pro
  • Options
    technewbeetechnewbee Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks, guys. I've checked the local community colleges, and they do offer the classes, but it's an online only format and it's per semester. To complete the MCSA, I'm looking at at least 2 semesters. I'm hoping for something more 'boot-camp-esque'. Maybe I'm being too picky, haha. I'm sure there's has to be a legitimate program that caters to the working adult.

I'll keep scouring the local school programs
  • Options
    cruwlcruwl Member Posts: 341 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Technewbee Can you share what community college near you has online classes for MCSA?