Options

Security plus Sims Need Help

david757david757 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
I took Security plus today and got a 663. i got 3 sims wrong. One sim i had 11 subsets and had no time. The other was logical controls which i new off the top of my head but they added 4 more 1 AV and an extra ACL. Any help would be great.

Comments

• Options
    $bvb379$bvb379 Member Posts: 155
    No offense, but it sounds like you got more than just the sims wrong. I know I bombed at least two of mine and still managed a 807. Not sure how much they are weighted but bombing 3 sims wouldn't represent a 663, there would have to be more to it.
  • Options
    danny069danny069 Member Posts: 1,025 ■■■■□□□□□□
    What study materials did you use? Darril Gibson's books on Sec+ are gold.
    I am a Jack of all trades, Master of None
  • Options
    david757david757 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    do you remember the sim i was talking about ?
  • Options
    Infosec85Infosec85 Member Posts: 192 ■■■□□□□□□□
    david757 wrote: »
    do you remember the sim i was talking about ?

If you looking to practice sims, consider David Prowse Security+ a disc accompanies the book it has lot of sims, alternatively Darril Gibsons paid online content.
  • Options
    TongyTongy Member Posts: 234
    I did a couple of the sims and guessed the rest and scored well - I've known people to ignore them altogether and pass comfortably. They're mainly there to rattle you!

Have you identified any weaker areas, and focussed on them?
  • Options
    tuanp703tuanp703 Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    david757 wrote: »
    I took Security plus today and got a 663. i got 3 sims wrong. One sim i had 11 subsets and had no time. The other was logical controls which i new off the top of my head but they added 4 more 1 AV and an extra ACL. Any help would be great.

I also passed the test today. I would advise that to manage your time. I marked2 sims for review and came back to complete them with 4 minutes left on the clock. Hindsight it was not the best strategy. I recommend that you select the best answer even though you may want to go back and review them. Do not leave them blank.