Best network+ book

TechnicalJayTechnicalJay Member Posts: 219 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hey guys,

Im watch Mike Meyer videos on Udemy. I picked up his n10-006 when is was on sale. Im flying through the videos pretty fast and retaining the knowledge well. The only thing I dont like is how there is only 4 practice questions at the end of each chapter.

Im looking for a good, but not dry book that has a ton of practice questions. Would Mike Meyers books be good for that?

Comments

• Mike RMike R Member Posts: 148 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Todd Lammle's book has 30 questions per chapter. 10 fill in the blank and 20 multiple choice.
  • Russ5813Russ5813 Member Posts: 123 ■■■□□□□□□□
    If Meyer's Net+ book is like his A+ book, it can be an extremely tedious read if you're already familiar with networking concepts. He breaks things down for the layman, which is great if you have no experience. Otherwise, Lammle's book might be a better choice.
  • TechnicalJayTechnicalJay Member Posts: 219 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks guys, I think I'll be going with Todd Lammle for some new teachings.

Thanks
  • darinkhathdarinkhath Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    A little bit off topic but questions -

I going for my BA at WGU and currently studying for Network + and already scheduled to take the exam next month. WGU provided us with uCertify and to be honest I haven't dive into it as much. I'm going through the professor Messer's video first and then uCertify. I chekced uDemy and see that the Mike Meyer's at uDemy is still for sale for $24. My questions is, is its worth the purchase? For folks that used both professor Messer's videos and Mike Meyer's video at uDemy. Is it similar to one another? Any help and tip is much appreciated.

Thanks!
  • TechnicalJayTechnicalJay Member Posts: 219 ■■■□□□□□□□
    darinkhath wrote: »
    A little bit off topic but questions -

I going for my BA at WGU and currently studying for Network + and already scheduled to take the exam next month. WGU provided us with uCertify and to be honest I haven't dive into it as much. I'm going through the professor Messer's video first and then uCertify. I chekced uDemy and see that the Mike Meyer's at uDemy is still for sale for $24. My questions is, is its worth the purchase? For folks that used both professor Messer's videos and Mike Meyer's video at uDemy. Is it similar to one another? Any help and tip is much appreciated.

Thanks!

Im about 40% done Mike Meyers videos at Udemy and if you're a beginner I think the $24 is definitely worth it
  • darinkhathdarinkhath Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Im about 40% done Mike Meyers videos at Udemy and if you're a beginner I think the $24 is definitely worth it

Thanks!, I just purchases last night. I definitely enjoy his style of teaching. When watching Professor Messer'r although his video are great and FREE, i tend to dove off and get bored.
  • JKWilliamsSrJKWilliamsSr Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I purchased it as well. At $24 dollars I just could not pass up that price. I have watched a good bit of Professor Messer's vids and I have to say that I like Mike Meyers teaching style better. As previously mentioned Professor Messer can be very boring but his info is very good too. My plan is to use both Mike Meyers and Professor Messor to prepare.
    I have been in the field for while but have no certs. I am very familiar with a lot of the terminology but I do not have a strong memory of everything. Being in Desktop Support has helped me with some very strong troubleshooting skills. I am going to get one of the sims but have not decided which one yet. Not sure if I will do the Pearson Sim or Mike Meyers Total sim.
  • Jay_CertifiedJay_Certified Member Posts: 13 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Those of you that purchased the Network+ Study Guide by Todd Lammle, did you read the book straight-through or did you read the book according to the exam objectives? Just trying to figure out a good plan of attack with reading the material. Thought I would follow the exam objectives this time around vs reading the book straight-through, which I did studying for my A+ certification.
  • vishnuvardhanvishnuvardhan Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Go with todd lammle books they are authorized and very easy to learn even an indian can easily catch up the topics
  • detroitwillfalldetroitwillfall Member Posts: 85 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Pearson's N10 006 deluxe editon