Options

SK0-003 lifetime vs SK0-004?

4chib4ld4chib4ld Member Posts: 25 ■■□□□□□□□□
A colleague of mine is considering taking the Server+, but between the two of us... we recall reading somewhere that the SK0-003 is a lifetime certification and that the SK0-004 requires the typical CompTIA continuing education requirement of every three years. Can anybody confirm and possibly provide a source?

Thank you

Comments

• Options
    stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    So far, CompTIA's website has not listed SK0-004 as a ce certification. They do mention on the Server+ webpage that the SK0-004 exam will be retired in three years. So, if I was a betting man, I would guess that they will move it over to the ce program in the near future.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • Options
    4chib4ld4chib4ld Member Posts: 25 ■■□□□□□□□□
    So am I correct that the 003 is a lifetime cert?
  • Options
    TacoRocketTacoRocket Member Posts: 497 ■■■■□□□□□□
    They are both lifetime certs. They list the SK0-004 retiring in three years but your certification won't go away. It's probably to remain current technology wise since SKO-003 came out in 2009 versus the SKO-004 in 2015.
    These articles and posts are my own opinion and do not reflect the view of my employer.

Website gave me error for signature, check out what I've done here: https://pwningroot.com/
  • Options
    tmurphy3100tmurphy3100 Member Posts: 154 ■■■□□□□□□□
    My server+ SK0-004 does not have an expiration date, nor does it say "CE", so far I think it is lifetime.
    2020 Goals: CCNA R&S, Cysa+, AZ103, Linux+, Pentest+
  • Options
    jsteimeljsteimel Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    What did you use to study, not much out there I can find for SKO-004