Should I get OSCP?

laceratuslaceratus Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello everyone. Long time reader, first time poster. My passion is InfoSec, I'm almost 17 years old and I started in 2012 using BackTrack 5. Some time later Kali Linux released on my birthday and that's when I started using it almost every day. I tried almost all tools and techniques I found online. I made few scripts (Python) including FUD reverse backdoor. I was using Bug Bounty programs, but I dont like it.
I'm currently last year in high school (3 years high school - CNC Machining). So my school is not related to any IT things. I don't want to spend 4 years working on some basic things that I can learn by myself and that's main reason why I decided to enroll CNC Machining and not computer technician. My sister graduated in computer science WITHOUT ANY KNOWLEDGE! I don't know how she graduated, but I was helping her with C programming once I was in primary school. That's how things work in Croatia, you enroll coputer science and then you have to learn chemistry, phisics and other bullshit no matter if you don't know to turn on PC.

My school is done for 3 months. I don't know real value of certification, but I want to do it and start working in IT Security sector no matter where in the world. I hope my school won't be a problem. I can say that i have good experience with pentest and LAW.

My prime question is OSCP worth that money? Will it help me to find a job?

Comments