Options

SSCP CPE Req

newjacknewjack Member Posts: 106 ■■■□□□□□□□
I got my SSCP in June of 2015, so I have about 4 months to meet the CPE 10-15 CPE req. I am going through the guidelines and quite frankly its confusing. Do I have to go through courses or can I just do self study? I was going to self study for the CISSP does this count towards CPE?

Just found that I can add for teaching and training. Thank god. I train a lot of new people at my work since we are a vendor for security products and I support it for other companies.

Comments

• Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Yes. Studying for CISSP earns CPEs. Per the CPE guidelines,
    Members who have studied to obtain an additional professional certification and are awarded that certification can claim up to 30 CPE credits for the preparation or self-study work they did to achieve that certification. If the additional certification is related to the domains of members’ (ISC)2 credential, they would earn 30 Group A credits. If the additional certification is not related to the domains of members’ (ISC)2 credential, they would earn 30 Group B credits. CPE credits associated with obtaining additional professional certifications are awarded for the time they spent in preparation for obtaining the additional credential but not for achieving the certification.

For the trainng stuff just remember that you can claim the time spent creating the material, not the time spent delivering/presenting it.