VCP6-DCV exam in 3 weeks!

DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
Changing up my routine, since I failed the ICDN2 3 times in a row, switching course and going for the VCP6-DCV and then come back to the ICDN2. I think maybe I need a break from the content to absorb it and go at it again in a few months...

Exam will be in 3 weeks.

Comments

• thatguy67thatguy67 Member Posts: 344 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Nice, how are you labbing?
    2017 Goals: []PCNSE7 []CCNP:Security []CCNP:R&S []LCDE []WCNA
  • DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
    thatguy67 wrote: »
    Nice, how are you labbing?

with a home-lab icon_razz.gif

lab...in blog link below..
  • techfiendtechfiend Member Posts: 1,481 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Best of luck! Remember to study the advanced settings, there were plenty and it really caught me off guard. Kind of a difficult test mainly due to lack of study material.
    2018 AWS Solutions Architect - Associate (Apr) 2017 VCAP6-DCV Deploy (Oct) 2016 Storage+ (Jan)
    2015 Start WGU (Feb) Net+ (Feb) Sec+ (Mar) Project+ (Apr) Other WGU (Jun) CCENT (Jul) CCNA (Aug) CCNA Security (Aug) MCP 2012 (Sep) MCSA 2012 (Oct) Linux+ (Nov) Capstone/BS (Nov) VCP6-DCV (Dec) ITILF (Dec)
    techfiend wrote: »
    Best of luck! Remember to study the advanced settings, there were plenty and it really caught me off guard. Kind of a difficult test mainly due to lack of study material.

I'll make sure to know them more, I use the advanced feature all the time. :)
    Well it's 2 am and I just now finished the N+3 cluster with ESXi 6.0, I completely blew away the cluster for the 5th time and rebuilt ESXi on all the hosts. I did save the VM's and a 2008/2012 template to the QNAP TS420 4 bay NAS and then since I was **** I replicated it to the newer and faster QNAP 8 bay NAS. But all together it took me 6 hour to re-do the entire cluster.

This time around setup a dedicated syslog collector on the Optiplex (the 5.5 vCenter before the P2V) and Netflow on the Raspberry PI 2 so that's neato. The home-lab is using all 8 vLAN's correctly on the 2960G's over a Quad gigabit EC uplink to each ESXi host, management however is on it's own solo gigabit. iSCSI is using a Quad gigabit EC with Jumbo too.

Tomorrow I'm going to redo vROps and vCloud Director, but not going to spend too much time on vCloud since I just want to focus on VCP6 material. I'm finding I like staying the DCUI allot, which will come in handy for VCIX....

That PowerShell in 30 lunches is coming in handy, thanks to whom ever recommeded it, since I'm using powershell now to make AutoDeploy's; wondering what else I can use Powershell for with VCIX grade content. Soooo looking forward to the VCIX book...
  • techfiendtechfiend Member Posts: 1,481 ■■■■□□□□□□
    It'll likely be awhile for the official VCIX book(s) considering the VCP book isn't out until May. I'm looking forward to it as well. It would make the most sense fas my first 'mid-level' cert later this year since it's the majority of my work. I don't think it'll come soon enough and AWS is getting boring to study so that may end sooner than expected.
    2018 AWS Solutions Architect - Associate (Apr) 2017 VCAP6-DCV Deploy (Oct) 2016 Storage+ (Jan)
    2015 Start WGU (Feb) Net+ (Feb) Sec+ (Mar) Project+ (Apr) Other WGU (Jun) CCENT (Jul) CCNA (Aug) CCNA Security (Aug) MCP 2012 (Sep) MCSA 2012 (Oct) Linux+ (Nov) Capstone/BS (Nov) VCP6-DCV (Dec) ITILF (Dec)