Passed SY0-401!

Fulcrum45Fulcrum45 Member Posts: 621 ■■■■■□□□□□
Just another obligatory pass notice. The exam was far more difficult than I gave it credit for. Don't write off any topic of study; that's all I'll say. Happy to have it out of the way as it kinda feels like a "need to have" cert out here in the world of DoD Contracting.

Comments

• TongyTongy Member Posts: 234
    Fulcrum45 wrote: »
    Just another obligatory pass notice. The exam was far more difficult than I gave it credit for. Don't write off any topic of study; that's all I'll say. Happy to have it out of the way as it kinda feels like a "need to have" cert out here in the world of DoD Contracting.

Kudos guv'nor :)
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats way to go!! icon_thumright.gif

What's next?
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Fulcrum45Fulcrum45 Member Posts: 621 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Thanks guys. Not sure where to go from here just yet. I feel like I've had my face in a book since last spring so I'm going to take a short break. From there? I'm leaning towards CCNA: Security OR SSCP.
  • TongyTongy Member Posts: 234
    Not sure which direction you want to go in if you want to work for the DoD - DoD 8570.1m | Information Security Certifications Guide

I've done SSCP and went to CISM - the upper rungs of the matrix are dominated by isc2 and ISACA. The GSE virtually no one has - it's considered as one of the hardest Infosec certs out there - like CCIE used to be :)
  • sheikysheiky Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on your Pass...!
  • The_ExpertThe_Expert Member Posts: 136
    Good job!
    Masters, Public Administration (MPA), Bachelor of Science, 20+ years of technical experience.

Studying on again, off again...
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Brain-DBrain-D Member Posts: 134
  • ltsmithltsmith Registered Users Posts: 1 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! May I ask what study resources you used and would recommend?
  • gncsmithgncsmith Member Posts: 459 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • jones551jones551 Member Posts: 154 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats !!!
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • leeltleelt Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Fulcrum45Fulcrum45 Member Posts: 621 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Thanks everyone. @LtSmith- I used Darril Gibsons Security+ book along with the good Professor's (Messer) videos and notes.
  • ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • GirlyGirlGirlyGirl Member Posts: 219
    I personally love reading pass posts. Keep them coming!