70-410 Scheduled for March 15th

Whelp I'm taking the VCP6-DCV on the 20th and then 3 weeks later I'm taking the 70-410 exam. I deal with AD 24/7 and Windows Administration all day long, plus with the home-lab I feel quite confident in the exam.

I read the 70-410 study guide off Amazon in 6 hours, nothing in that book I didn't know about or use on a daily basis...

will read it a few more times before the exam and doing the practice exams but I feel it will be relatively easy.

Comments

• MariusRZRMariusRZR Member Posts: 92 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I don't understand. You need help with what exactly?:)
    I'm studying for 410 as well. I have limited access in AD and i handle mostly NTFS Permissions. So I can safely say I have very little work experience. I feel confident as well. I'm extremely lazy by nature, but somehow i'm addicted to this. All i can think about is the exam and the cert.

You also work with Application Data Partitions? I'm not sure how tough are the questions in the actual exam, and I understand the concept, but i'm not sure what microsoft expects of us regardin these Partitions. To manage them on a daily basis requires advanced AD knowledge. Far beyond the scope of 410. Sooo....
  • NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    from my experience failing that exam :) make sure you know how to do everything in powershell along with know how to do it via the GUI. Best of luck!
  • DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
    Koodos, I've been doing the Powershell in 30 lunches book for the past two weeks and I got a different Powershell book to fill in the gaps. Also got a VMware PowerCLi book to read after VCP6-DCV so I can get better with VMware adaptation of Powershell.

But I did notice that 2012/2016 both are Powershell heavy so I figured I'd need to get on the band wagon...

This will be the extent of programming for me. icon_wink.gif
  • The Scotch EggThe Scotch Egg Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I failed this one the first time round by underestimating it! Not that I'm saying that's what your doing, but I felt confident from my day to day work... ended up getting shock when my first question was about PowerShell DSC.

The key for me is... LAB LAB LAB. I have 70-411 at 12:00 noon tomorrow!
    MTA 98-365 (Server Admin) | 70-410 | 70-411 | 70-412 | MCSA Windows Server 2012
    I failed this one the first time round by underestimating it! Not that I'm saying that's what your doing, but I felt confident from my day to day work... ended up getting shock when my first question was about PowerShell DSC.

The key for me is... LAB LAB LAB. I have 70-411 at 12:00 noon tomorrow!

Indeed, that's why I'm learning Powershell before taking exam.
    Yeah once you get the hang of how most of the cmdlets hang together you can make educated guesses if needs be.
    Yeah once you get the hang of how most of the cmdlets hang together you can make educated guesses if needs be.

Indeed, it's relatively simple; the knowledge carries over to PowerCLi too.
  • gncsmithgncsmith Member Posts: 459 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • poolmanjimpoolmanjim Member Posts: 285 ■■■□□□□□□□
    With Powershell, knowing how to use Powershell is one thing. Knowing what command configures the ethernet adapter on your server or how to create a group, link a group policy, etc. are completely different. Microsoft is interested in you knowing the technologies on the exam and the powershell cmdlets and syntax that will accomplish the exam objectives.

@MariusRZR:
    On the 410 the amount of Application Directory partitions they want you to know is limited compared to later exams. They are more interested in which Application Directory Partitions are involved with DNS and Active Directory by default and what they are and when to use them.
    2019 Goals: Security+
    2020 Goals: 70-744, Azure
    Completed: MCSA 2012 (01/2016), MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure (07/2017), MCSA 2017 (09/2017)
    Future Goals: CISSP, CCENT
    I passed 70-411 btw :D score: 888
    I passed 70-411 btw :D score: 888

Congrats bro!!!!