Passed SY0-401!

BoxxerBoxxer Member Posts: 25 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi all!

I passed my test today and I am super excited!

I used CBT Nuggets videos with Keith Barker as well as the Ucertify (through WGU) practice tests. I googled some terms that weren't very clear in the CBT videos. The sim questions on the test I wasn't prepared for at all, but luckily there was only one difficult one that I didn't even bother trying, mainly because I only had about 5 minutes left and I wanted to review my other answers, and it was a long simulation by the looks of it.

Good luck to the others taking it soon!

Comments

• TongyTongy Member Posts: 234
    Congrats! What's next?
  • MooseboostMooseboost Member Posts: 778 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!
  • BoxxerBoxxer Member Posts: 25 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Honestly I don't know what's next in terms of a job, but as for exams I'll be studying for the CCENT/CCNA R&S next. Thanks!
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • sheikysheiky Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats Man..!
  • greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • Fulcrum45Fulcrum45 Member Posts: 621 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass. If it was the same sim I had then I can understand!
  • jonemacjonemac Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I just sat this cert this morning and it was tougher than I thought it was going to be. The first few minutes I thought I was sitting the wrong exam! I remember having the same exact feeling when I sat for the CCNA a gazillion years ago. Which, I did really well on.

Approximately 5%-10% of the questions that I saw on the exam I had never seen referenced in any of my travels ( about 20 years in IT ) or study materials ( CBT Nuggets, Darril Gibson's book, Security+ from Cengage, reading RFCs etc. ). Luckily, the questions had just enough familiarity that I had a fighting chance at an educated guess. You can't know what you've never seen, but part of the point of security is being able to "infer" from limited knowledge..

My test taking strategy was simple.

Mark all of the performance questions ( it was 7 or 8 ) for review and get right to the multiple choice. I got through them with about 35 minutes left and basically took my time from there reviewing everything and doing the perfs. I know I got all but 2 of the perf questions correct. The other two were much harder and the back-and-forth between multiple windows on a square older monitor really worked against me..

All-in-all, I'm glad it's in the rear-view mirror - up next, SSCP..
  • gncsmithgncsmith Member Posts: 459 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • jones551jones551 Member Posts: 154 ■■□□□□□□□□