Options

Failed Security+

rwdplzrwdplz Member Posts: 15 ■■■□□□□□□□
Scored 720, pass is 750 / 900

-Two of the sims were horrendously involved MONSTERS, are these scored pass/fail or partial credit?

-Too many acronyms to memorize.

Comments

• Options
    scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    Buy the online version of Gibson's 'book'. It will help you with the sims and the acronyms. I passed the second time.
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • Options
    MagmadragoonMagmadragoon Member Posts: 172 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Don't worry you will get it next time a 720 is a really close score.
  • Options
    fuz1onfuz1on Member Posts: 961 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Sorry to hear/read! Take a look at the domains you scored especially weak in - try to brush up on those and BAM...there's your passing score! You were really close the first time so just work hard and I'm sure you'll be here posting about your pass the next time around. Good luck! icon_study.gif
    timku.com(puter) | ProHacker.Co(nsultant) | ITaaS.Co(nstultant) | ThePenTester.net | @fuz1on
    Transmosis | http://transmosis.com | LinkedIn | https://linkedin.com/in/t1mku
    If evil be spoken of you and it be true, correct yourself, if it be a lie, laugh at it. - Epictetus
    The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows. - Buddha
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you. - Unknown
  • Options
    cdxcdx Member Posts: 186
    Rwdplz,

You did awesome with that score! You are very close to passing, many people don't pass the Sec+ on their first try, it's the hardest comptia test ! Do what Fuz1on said and take more practice tests! Gibsons book is a must! check out his website as well for practice simulations and questions on his website.
    Bachelor of Science - Information Technology - Security
    Associate of Science - Computer Information Systems
  • Options
    techtiatechtia Member Posts: 144
    I thought from reading this forum the N+ was the hardest and looks like you passed that already.
    Maybe it was just matter of adjusting a few things for you in this case.
  • Options
    DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Sorry to hear that. Good luck for next time!
  • Options
    Infosec85Infosec85 Member Posts: 192 ■■■□□□□□□□
    rwdplz wrote: »
    Scored 720, pass is 750 / 900

-Two of the sims were horrendously involved MONSTERS, are these scored pass/fail or partial credit?

-Too many acronyms to memorize.

Sorry to hear you failed, you'll get it next time round! Can I ask what resources you used?
  • Options
    EdinEdin Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Did you find the exam questions hard? I know some of the questions are worded to be purposely confusing.
  • Options
    chemiclechemicle Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Sorry to hear you weren't successful. I just took the test on Monday and managed an 840 - but I totally get it - the labs were BRUTAL. I ended up with 7 different labs back to back. Those acronyms are important as our industry is filled with them. I did notice that when they were referring to things, that they didn't use full words - rarely - they were all acronyms when referring to systems or solutions / protocols. This is NOT a wing it test... dedicated study time is critical each day. I used Mike Meyers Text book - Mike Meyers exams text and gtslearning.com I did find that it's a difficult test - despite a 1000 practice type questions - not one question was similar on the test. Which is to say - that they want you to understand the material - not just memorize questions, acronyms. Good luck - 720 is wicked close. There's no prize for a high score - 750 is just fine.