Passed N10-006 Today on 2nd Attempt!

Locutus_841Locutus_841 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello everyone, this is my first post on the forum. I've been a lurker for quite some time but felt like I had to sign up to share my experience with taking this exam.

I read the Mike Meyers All-In-One Exam Guide (Sixth Edition) front to back which took me about 4 months. I also took very concise notes, watched ALL the Professor Messer N10-006 Network+ videos and took (and scored well on) EVERY practice test on Exam Compass (I think there is 22 of them). In addition I also did the practice exams that came on the CD with the Mike Meyers book and passed with flying colors. I took my time studying for this and felt confident that I would do very well on the exam but to my dismay I failed my first attempt. Where I went wrong was wasting too much time on the PBQs in the beginning. By the time I was finished trying to figure those out (they're a lot simpler than they appear to be) I had about 35-40 mins left to finish the multiple choice - basically the last 5 mins or so I was just clicking answers so I could finish in time and not leave anything blank.

I took it again today and passed with a 747 {do not discuss your exam with our members]

In conclusion, you can know your stuff and still not pass this test. Don't be discouraged if you fail the first attempt - a lot of people do. Also bear in mind it is MUCH more difficult than then Net+ exams that came before it (i.e. N10-004 & 005). Do your best and good luck!

P.S. you can find exam vouchers on ebay for $200-$225. Much cheaper than paying full price.

Comments

• DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • NightfallxNightfallx Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on passing. [clean-up - do not ask members to violate their NDA]
  • Locutus_841Locutus_841 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks! {edit - I cannot discuss my exam specifics on this site, nor can the other members please do not ask}

. I think failing the first time was a blessing in disguise as it gave me an idea of how the test is structured and enabled me to get through the PBQs much faster so I could take my time with the multiple choice the 2nd time around. If there are voucher options that allow you to do a free retake I highly recommend it.
  • fuz1onfuz1on Member Posts: 961 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!!! icon_thumright.gif Anything planned next?!
    timku.com(puter) | ProHacker.Co(nsultant) | ITaaS.Co(nstultant) | ThePenTester.net | @fuz1on
    Transmosis | http://transmosis.com | LinkedIn | https://linkedin.com/in/t1mku
    If evil be spoken of you and it be true, correct yourself, if it be a lie, laugh at it. - Epictetus
    The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows. - Buddha
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you. - Unknown
  • Locutus_841Locutus_841 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you! CCENT/CCNA is up next. I'm aiming to have it hopefully by the end of 2016.
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!! icon_cheers.gif

Good luck on your next cert pursuits
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • TimOBTimOB Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • jones551jones551 Member Posts: 154 ■■□□□□□□□□
    [h=2]Congrats![/h]
  • Brain-DBrain-D Member Posts: 134
  • Dave_Guy2Dave_Guy2 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!

Unfortunately I failed my first time too just recently.

{edit - do not discuss your exam on this site}
    . I've studied those and as well as gone over the areas it said I was weak on.
  • gncsmithgncsmith Member Posts: 459 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • johnnyqt25johnnyqt25 Banned Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats. I also recently passed on 2nd attempt and felt like the exam tested more of my reading comprehension than knowledge of the material.
  • StarJackStarJack Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!
  • ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • dirkxidirkxi Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Way to go!
  • phorealphoreal Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • RedRangerRedRanger Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congratulations.

(Clean up comments asking OP for information on their exam violating their NDA)
  • PsydroxPsydrox Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Cerebro 2.0Cerebro 2.0 Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good stuff, well done :)
    ITIL SO [In progress]
    Prince 2 Foundation [In progress]
  • KD!KD! Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! hope to be joining your very soon.
  • adrenaline19adrenaline19 Member Posts: 251