C)DFE - Certified Digital Forensics Examiner

eth0eth0 Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
Who have C)DFE - Certified Digital Forensics Examiner? Any opinions? How look exam? :)

Comments

• TK1799_stTK1799_st Member Posts: 111
    I just finished the Mile 2 Certified Professional Ethical Hacker C)PEH certification this Saturday. After going through the course videos, taking copious notes, researching and organized the information provided -I sat down and designed a Term - Book - Page matrix for a quick reference guide. I got this suggestion after a co-worker stated that what he does on SAN/GIAC courses and it aids in the exam. I suggest you do the same. They give you all the material in the Self-Study Kit & the videos will add to the knowledge given in the Student Workbook. The exam will come from those sources in the kit, not some random Internet wide " you should know everything" like EEC is presenting with unannounced updates. I have the CHFI and used the official material. So I expect to be tested off the material presented. Mile 2 delivers a serious exam - you have to know your stuff - and it was no joke questions pulled form the material to include the labs. I'm glad I went with Mile2. Their digital forensics cert is at Tier II with the FBI: https://intelligencecareers.com/fbi-cyber-specialagents/ - scroll down to see the list. Also see that Mile2 has multiple certs at Tier I. https://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/2014/december/fbi-seeking-tech-experts-to-become-cyber-special-agents/fbi-seeking-tech-experts-to-become-cyber-special-agents

They are based in the United States & easy to get a hold of.

Contact their POC:

Bill Nelson
    Manager of Business Development
    Mile2
    www.Mile2.com
    BillNelson@Mile2.com
    O: +813 920.6799 ext.26
    F: +813.354.2367

I've already started the CPTE course today!

Hope this helps....:D
  • thealphathealpha Member Posts: 30 ■■■□□□□□□□
    TK1799 - Are you in any way affiliated with Mile2?
  • NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    thealpha wrote: »
    TK1799 - Are you in any way affiliated with Mile2?

lol, I wouldn't believe him if he said no. icon_silent.gif
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    eth0, I am curious why are you considering this cert and what led you to it? Is it required by your current or a potential employer? Other than TK1799_st I've never seen anyone advocating for this provider. It doesn't seem to be known in any circles outside of that FBI list referenced above. Very hard to see ROI when there so many other widely known certs.
    lol, I wouldn't believe him if he said no. icon_silent.gif

I'm a current student who has tested successfully with COMPTIA, EC COUNCIL, and now with MILE 2.

As a current DoD Security Contractor - having and still now seeing what is being developed on the cyber front for national defense, I speak with what I'm seeing. I'm not here to **** on anyone, devalue their efforts, or think I'm special in obtaining certs to where I talk people out of seeking such by stating they aren't worthy.

I could care less what you believe - I go with what I'm seeing in real time. I have no time to deal with those that think they are special because they understand tech and thumb a nose in the air to those that are seeking training to heighten their job standing.

Just because some company didn't go out and market themselves like EEC - doesn't mean they are worthless or unknown. It seems everyone on hear knows about Mile2, even though (they say) their HR doesn't. Seems that the US DoD cyber uses them quite often and hold GSA contracts - added to the US Air Force having them develop, what CompTIA considers an Expert certification (CPTE). Such negativity does create a very nice atmosphere.

ECC ambushed and dumped on alot of people -- there alternatives - just as good - if not better. People have options. A question was asked - I responded - and what do you guys put out...some negative question. Immature at best.

I would love to sit down with both of you in person over a cup of coffee and compare professional notes on accomplishments on a global scale. Professionals I deal with have dealt with life and death - same as I - and I would never approach anyone asking about a program with a negative reply - you got on here with no information other than some 4th grade school yard question. Grow up!

eth0 - go with what you know - if it doesn't feel right - then seek a SANS/GIAC cert in digital forensics. EEC will just burn you. My personal experience - .....it is what it is....but if you need support getting there - I'll support you!
  • NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    TK1799_st wrote: »
    I could care less what you believe - I go with what I'm seeing in real time. I have no time to deal with those that think they are special because they understand tech and thumb a nose in the air to those that are seeking training to heighten their job standing.

I'm glad you felt the need to point that out. I really don't think anyone should take to heart what another random person over the internet thinks about someone else's opinion. I look forward to hearing more about Mile2.
  • eth0eth0 Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    cyberguypr wrote: »
    eth0, I am curious why are you considering this cert and what led you to it? Is it required by your current or a potential employer? Other than TK1799_st I've never seen anyone advocating for this provider. It doesn't seem to be known in any circles outside of that FBI list referenced above. Very hard to see ROI when there so many other widely known certs.
    This can be funny but I work parallel in SOC/CERT/pentests/forensics :D... I am IT expert witness too (with NATO/EU secret; worked with Tableau hardware and x-ways) :)... and want prove that really have that wide knowledge in infosec because people treat me as an intern, I am young and look younger... so need more certificates to prove that I have this knowledge :). I am also already on higher technical position, even is not possible to found in my country job with much better salary (avg * few times) :).
    eth0 - go with what you know - if it doesn't feel right - then seek a SANS/GIAC cert in digital forensics. EEC will just burn you. My personal experience - .....it is what it is....but if you need support getting there - I'll support you!
    SANS/GIAC is very expensive (like avg used car), so probably I will do this C)DFE

https://intelligencecareers.com/fbi-cyber-specialagents/ - GXPN tier 1, lol?
  • thealphathealpha Member Posts: 30 ■■■□□□□□□□
    People have options. A question was asked - I responded - and what do you guys put out...some negative question. Immature at best.

What was the negative question? I asked if you were affiliated with Mile2, which you didn't address in your long winded response. This is a reasonable question given how they are relatively unknown, and you are praising them.
    I would love to sit down with both of you in person over a cup of coffee and compare professional notes on accomplishments on a global scale. Professionals I deal with have dealt with life and death - same as I - and I would never approach anyone asking about a program with a negative reply - you got on here with no information other than some 4th grade school yard question. Grow up!

So based on your logic, if you have more accomplishments than us your endorsement of Mile2 should stand? Again, why was that question so offensive? If you are not affiliated with them in any way just say so. End of discussion.
    thealpha wrote: »
    What was the negative question? I asked if you were affiliated with Mile2, which you didn't address in your long winded response. This is a reasonable question given how they are relatively unknown, and you are praising them.

So based on your logic, if you have more accomplishments than us your endorsement of Mile2 should stand? Again, why was that question so offensive? If you are not affiliated with them in any way just say so. End of discussion.

I'm a student there. I've pointed that out several times in several posts - this being one of them on the #2 os this post. So - your question came across as offensive at best. I praise those that support their students. Unlike ECC, that give out pathetic excuses.

I also praise CompTIA and have talked multiple people into getting their A+ and Security+ to get a foot in the IT security world. I care more about helping people than degraded them. Since I speak highly about CompTIA and they are well know - I guess that's okay. But as soon as someone starts talking about a vendor that does spend alot of funding on advertising, then something must be bad. Weird logic....

I have found that CompTIA treats their students with respect and professionalism - same can be said with Mile 2. I haven't found that with ECC and I hold one of their certs.

My opinions are my own - but don't come on here and begin to degrade me. I work off of experience within the industry I work in. So, yes - having a ton of certifications doesn't make one proficient - but knowing what is working and what is not can and does help others who are thinking about taking that path decide which course of action would be best for them.

I want to see people succeed in the IT Security field - and anything I can offer to aid them I will give my opinion and experiences of what has happened to me what worked - what didn't....as a 4 time combat veteran of OIF I consider loyalty, integrity, and honor great values to have. ECC ruined that with me from my experience I had with them. Not my fualt - its theirs and how they proceeded with their latest update. You may not like my opinion....but I would rather save someone time and funding and point to a vendor that won't fail them throughout the entire process.

I've written to CompTIA and asked them to develop a Hacking+ certification - and recently they met in Chicago to do just that. It would have been nice to keep everything in one house -- but alas, I went with Mile 2 because of the industry I'm in. National Defense is under consent attack and Mile 2 was asked by the US Air Fore to develop CPTE - that says alot....they work closely with the military - and I find that their integrity is high....so - yes I'll praise them. They are taking care of me as a current student and I will have a long relationship with them --just as I do with CompTIA --- and the university I graduated from....it's just the professional thing to do....

have good one - best in all your endeavors! :D
  • 636-555-3226636-555-3226 Member Posts: 975 ■■■■■□□□□□
    It's just a yes or no answer - are you affiliated with them? Any answer other than a "no" means you are. Otherwise you'd just say no.

or lie. But if you're found out that's probably a good way to get discredited on a place like this.....
    It's just a yes or no answer - are you affiliated with them? Any answer other than a "no" means you are. Otherwise you'd just say no.

or lie. But if you're found out that's probably a good way to get discredited on a place like this.....

I'm a student there -- so, Yes I'm affiliated with Mile 2 --- but I'm also affiliated with CompTIA as well...since I hold certifications there and currently update my CE units....one cannot just answer a yes or no...I like to explain my answers counselor....

...and this place -- discredit me....as if I care.....I've meet alot of nice professional people here....and then there are others.....TechExam doesn't make or break people....it's a place to share info....that's it....
    anyone other can write option about that certificate? because I will probably go on this but still first want see opinions of few people with a lot of posts :)

is this USA oriented? about law etc

how look exam and what are example questions?

is this in basic English :D? like Offensive Security and eLearnSecurity tranings and not like CISSP
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    You can check the other thread where we went back and forth about Mile2. The only person that I know who has one of their certs is TK1799_st. In his circles it seems to have some value. I haven't seen this cert or company pop up anywhere in the US private sector or elsewhere. Even the CHFI is more widely recognized, and believe me, this is a very sad statement. Based on this, for ME Mile2 has zero value.

The takeaway here is that YOU need to determine what your goal is and how you will get value out it. Are you just looking to enhance your knowledge and/or skills? Will it help you grow as a professional? Do you intend to leverage the cert when looking for your next job? Is the cert popular in your local job market? Does your employer require it? Once you answer those questions you will be in a better position to be able to determine if the cert makes sense for you.
    Thanks, you are right!