EX210 - Redhat CoE Infrastructure as a service

A new exam from Redhat. I really want to know how much Openstack is really being used out there. Class starts on Nov 10th. Need feedback to decide if I Want to do the class or not !

Cheers
Work In Progress - RHCA [ ] Certified Cloud Security Professional [ ] GMON/GWAPT if Work Study is accepted [ ]
http://adarsh.amazonwebservices.ninja

Comments

• shantechieshantechie Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi Chanakya, Sorry for posting to this old thread. I need some details on the Openstack - EX210 exam. Does the current version of exam is towards Openstack 5.0 or 6.0. I have been offered training from Redhat under 6.0 but in site en-rhtr-ex210v5-exam-objectives-INC0240940.pdf file it is given as 5.0. Am little confusd about this.

My current role is towards monitoring & automation on cloud services and I have medium linux expertise (no certifications as now). Do you think I can directly take RH OpenStack certification or do I have to do any RHCSA certification before this? Also is this environment (Openstack) be replicable in a laptop or decent desktop running Windows/Ubuntu (RAM >= 8 GB) so that I can practise more before taking exam? pls provide your inputs
  • chanakyajupudichanakyajupudi Member Posts: 712
    I am not sure what the current version of the exam is being held in. That is something you would have to ask the partner where you are attending the exam or RH directly if attending a Kiosk exam.

You can install OpenStack on a Virtual Machine / Physical box of your liking. You however would be better off also having a Physical box where you will install a Hypervisor and create the OpenStack resources on.
    Work In Progress - RHCA [ ] Certified Cloud Security Professional [ ] GMON/GWAPT if Work Study is accepted [ ]
    http://adarsh.amazonwebservices.ninja

• brombulecbrombulec Member Posts: 186 ■■■□□□□□□□
    There is no need for a separate physical box. You can use nested virtualization if you have enough resources. Just add kvm-intel.nested=1 as an additional parameter in grub and you're good to go.
    For more information look at https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_enable_nested_virtualization_in_KVM

I used this for my OpenStack certification home lab and everything worked fine.
  • u2brutusu2brutus Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I will be starting preparing for openstack EX210 exam soon, can someone please give me suggestion how to setup the lab and what resources to you.
    Thanks in advance.
  • asummersasummers Member Posts: 157
    u2brutus wrote: »
    I will be starting preparing for openstack EX210 exam soon, can someone please give me suggestion how to setup the lab and what resources to you.
    Thanks in advance.

Would recommend you allocate 2 machines. Ideally physical but in a pinch a VM would do. Most of the time you will be only using one machine. The second one would be an additional compute node.

Get yourself to this site for info https://www.rdoproject.org/install/quickstart/
  • garciandygarciandy Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    HI eb!!
    I'd like to train my self for the MCA100 exam (mirantis openstack first certification) . Does anyone have a collection of exam questions (even if they come from another similar exam i.e. RH) ?
    Thanks in advance

ciao
  • lantuinlantuin Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi all!!! I've set up an RH Openstack Lab (4 VM: 1 Controller, 1 Network, 2 Compute) and I'm going to do the exam (RH210) very soon. Some suggestions about it? I'm using "OpenStack Essentials" by Dan Radez to train myself!
  • techostechos Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi all!!! I am working to pass EX210. To install openstack for the exam what is the best way ? (manually or use of packstack)

a+
  • asummersasummers Member Posts: 157
    Is it me or this thread a wishlist of 1-time posters asking for exam questions and offering nothing back into the community
  • lantuinlantuin Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I've passed my ex210 exam. 300/300 :)
  • iaheadiahead Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    lantuin wrote: »
    I've passed my ex210 exam. 300/300 :)

Can you share any tips and best approach to prepare for this
  • hiddenknight821hiddenknight821 Member Posts: 1,209 ■■■■■■□□□□
    asummers wrote: »
    Is it me or this thread a wishlist of 1-time posters asking for exam questions and offering nothing back into the community

Just realized this now.
  • lovejoilovejoi Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hello

Can I pass exam online without official training ? or is there any online training after which I can go for exam?
  • jakarthijakarthi Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Could you share any tips for passing the exam
  • aymangomaaaymangomaa Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi Lantuin , i am planning to take the 210 exam. .would you please share some tips about exam details and any useful tips
  • VeritiesVerities Member Posts: 1,162
    A new exam from Redhat. I really want to know how much Openstack is really being used out there. Class starts on Nov 10th. Need feedback to decide if I Want to do the class or not !

Cheers

OpenStack is used where it makes more sense to include commodity hardware and not invest in costly licensing for software (AWS, VMware, etc). However, it shines when you have a physical servers use each component. A use case that we had at the position I just left was using OpenStack as a secure hosted desktop environment to allow the use of PII without actually creating a leakage onto our corporate network (at the end of the day the VMs would be destroyed and rebuilt when users logged back in).