MCSA Windows Server 2012- CBT Nuggets VS Pluralsight

orlandoflorlandofl Member Posts: 216 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hello,

I recently switched gears and decided to forego the CCNA for now and jump into the 2012 Server MCSA. I see CBT Nuggets (which I've used in the past with great success) and Pluralsight both have courses for the Server MCSA-MCE track. I wanted to see if anyone had experience with the pluralsight video course? Pluralsight is half the cost of CBT Nuggets, just wondering if it's just as good as CBT Nuggegts for the MCSA course.

I'll be using a video course (CBT nuggets or Pluralsight) Microsoft offical MCSA 410, 411, and 412 books as well as Don Jones's Learn Powershell In A Month Of Lunches book: Amazon.com: Learn Windows PowerShell 3 in a Month of Lunches (9781617291081): Don Jones, Jeffery Hicks: Books

What would be a good practice test resource for these exams? Am I missing anything in terms of study material?

Thanks!

-Travis
  • Education: B.A. Criminal Justice - Thomas Edison State University
  • Education: Undergraduate Certificate in Microsoft Server Administration - St. Petersburg College
  • Currently Working On: MCSA - Windows 10
  • Planned Certifications for 2017: MCSE - Mobility
  • Connect With Me On LinkedIn:https://www.linkedin.com/in/travisebyrd

Comments

• lilidosslilidoss Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi,
    i'm using as ressources Online free video on Youtube and pluralsight and a study guide Installing and Configuring windows Server 2012 Ian McLean .
  • tmurphy3100tmurphy3100 Member Posts: 154 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Pluralsight videos were a great way to be introduce to every topic but I feel like it was lacking. You should grab Don Poultron's Cert. Guide and create a home/virtual lab environment to practice with. I still haven't passed the 410, but I hope to soon.

I will let you know how CBT nuggets are, I am 1/3 my way through them--this time taking notes on every video.
    2020 Goals: CCNA R&S, Cysa+, AZ103, Linux+, Pentest+
  • joeswfcjoeswfc Member Posts: 118 ■■■□□□□□□□
    CBT Nuggets got me through both the 70-410 and 70-411 first time.
    It almost got me through the 70-412 but this exam took me 3 attempts. When I eventually passed it was after using both CBT nuggets and pluralsight, personally I still prefer CBT nuggets but in the end it was TechNet/labbing that got me over the line
  • orlandoflorlandofl Member Posts: 216 ■■■□□□□□□□
    CBT Nuggets got me through both the 70-410 and 70-411 first time.
    It almost got me through the 70-412 but this exam took me 3 attempts. When I eventually passed it was after using both CBT nuggets and pluralsight, personally I still prefer CBT nuggets but in the end it was TechNet/labbing that got me over the line

I may just bite the bullet and get CBT Nuggets again. Such an expense...but it is quality instruction...I've had 0 problems using them for Net+ and Security+. Thanks for the reply

-Travis
    • Education: B.A. Criminal Justice - Thomas Edison State University
    • Education: Undergraduate Certificate in Microsoft Server Administration - St. Petersburg College
    • Currently Working On: MCSA - Windows 10
    • Planned Certifications for 2017: MCSE - Mobility
    • Connect With Me On LinkedIn:https://www.linkedin.com/in/travisebyrd