MIT Cybersecurity Certification

NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
Has anyone heard of this MIT Cybersecurity course?

https://mitprofessionalx.mit.edu/courses/course-v1:MITProfessionalX+CSx+2016_T1/about

Its not terribly expensive ($600), you get to take a course taught by some extremely intelligent people (reading the staff backgrounds are pretty jaw dropping), and you get to list you got a certification in cybersecurity from MIT Professional Education on your resume...

Comments

• chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    seems like it already started and its ending in a few days.
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    right, but I'm assuming they rerun the course every once in awhile. The first link I found about this course was about one that ran last year sometime. I signed up for their mailing list just to see when they do.
  • stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    It seems to run about once a quarter or so. I am thinking about doing this certificate in the next year or so.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Not a bad idea to have an MIT certification of course work on the resume. For the price it seems ok. The material looks like a lot of CISSP related information.
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX