Windows admin taking RHCSA

At work we are looking at deploying Centos/MariaDb boxes. I am in the Infrastructure side and have no Linux experience so I need to ramp up.

I am looking at taking the RHCSA so I am figuring out time lines and study materials.

Would using LinuxAcademy and Sander van Vugt's book be enough?
Amazon.com: Red Hat RHCSA/RHCE 7 Cert Guide: Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 (EX200 and EX300) (Certification Guide) eBook: Sander van Vugt: Kindle Store

Comments

• ITrascalITrascal Member Posts: 55 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Linux Academy is awesome from experience but Sander's book i dont know his videos or good tho.
  • BodanelBodanel Member Posts: 214 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The book is pretty. It should be enough for you
  • vanillagorilla3vanillagorilla3 Member Posts: 79 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Those are the 2 resources I'm using as well. Plus a lot of labbing.
  • varelgvarelg Banned Posts: 790
    I am using that same combination of Linux Academy and Sander's guide as I am preparing to re-take the exam. I think those two resources are pretty solid. When it comes time to measure how well you are prepared for the exam, try also Cert Depot, a great resource as well.
  • beantownmpbeantownmp Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Pluralsight has a course geared just for you it seems: http://www.pluralsight.com/courses/linux-server-skills-windows-administrators

There's also a centos7 LFCSA/RHCSA course thats 1/3 of the way release. It's pretty thorough so far. Pluralsight isn't the cheapest but they put out some quality videos.

Linuxacademy was good as well for my RHCSA training.
  • VeritiesVerities Member Posts: 1,162
    Sander Van Gut's videos series for both RHCSA and RHCE are on point. If you have a subscription to safari books online you can get his videos there. I would suggest only viewing the MariaDB for RHCE videos and the rest of the RHCSA videos to bring you up to speed with CentOS/RHEL.