E|CSA Requirements

JustPlayJustPlay Registered Users Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
I went to an EC-Council authorized training center to inquire about E|CSA (Ethical Certified Security Analyst) certification. I was told that I cannot apply for the course without having completed the C|HFI (Certified Hacker Forensics Investigator) certification. I just want to know whether C|HFI is mandatory for taking the E|CSA as I cannot see any mention of it on the website. Thanking you

Comments

• cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Have you reached out directly to EC Council? I fail to see the relationship between a forensics exam and a penetration testing one. Maybe they meant CEH? The ECSA brochure says "This is a “Professional” level course, with the Certified Ethical Hacker being the “Core” and the Licensed Penetration Tester being the “Master” level certification."

Also from their page"
    In order to be considered for the EC-Council ECSA v9 exam without attending official training, candidate must:

-Have at least two years of information security related experience.
    -Remit a non-refundable eligibility application fee of USD 100.00
    -Submit a completed Exam Eligibility Application Form.
    -Purchase an official ECSA v9 Exam Kit [consists of ECSA Aspen Dashboard Access Code (valid for 90 days from date of release), ECSA v9 iLabs Cyber Range Access Code (30 days from date of activation) and ECSA v9 Exam voucher (valid for 90 days from the date of distribution)]
    -Submit an acceptable pen testing report based on pen testing performed over EC-Council’s secure cyber range

Like you said, no mention of pre-req certs. I'm smelling a confused training provider.
  • JustPlayJustPlay Registered Users Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have already posted the question on their support forums but its been almost two days and i still have not got any reply. The training center specifically said C|HFI is mandatory and also stated that C|EH used to be mandatory too but it isn't any more.
    According to what the center said the level of the courses is such
    C|EH(optional) < C|HFI(mandatory) < E|CSA(mandatory) < L|PT
    cyberguypr wrote: »
    Have you reached out directly to EC Council? I fail to see the relationship between a forensics exam and a penetration testing one. Maybe they meant CEH? The ECSA brochure says "This is a “Professional” level course, with the Certified Ethical Hacker being the “Core” and the Licensed Penetration Tester being the “Master” level certification."

Also from their page"

Like you said, no mention of pre-req certs. I'm smelling a confused training provider.

I went there to apply for the E|CSA official training as I do not have the required 2 year experience. I haven't seen any mention of it but, is there any extra prerequisites for attending the E|CSA official training ?
    If anyone else has the same problem EC-Council responded back and told that there are no prior requirements for the E|CSA certification. I guess for me it actually was a "confused training provider."