Project + vs Network + or Security +

$bvb379$bvb379 Member Posts: 155
For those of you who have taken and passed the exam, how is it in terms of vagueness? If you have taken the Security + then you know what I am talking about. The questions are not straight forward at time. I am wondering if this is the same with Project +. I interviewed with a company for a project administrator position so I decided to buy the Kindle version of the Heldman book. Is this book enough to pass the test? Thanks.

Comments

• User2097User2097 Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
    No, these are two total different worlds. Look, SEC+ and PROJECT+ are both great certs. Project+ is not really that recognized (but I went for it which allowed me to get PMP within a year). SEC+ also helps me go for CISSP within 6 months. They are both great certifications. Do not study for both at the same time. Amazon will be your best friend for shopping for books. To help pass project+ and sec+, look for CBT Nugget videos. They helped me pass last year.
    Cert Goals: CISSP-ISSAP (May 2016) | CISM (2016) | GSEC (2016) | OSCP (2017)
    College: MBA Project Management (2012) | Bachelors IT Management (2010)
    Experience: Cyber Security, Information Assurance, and IT Management Officer
  • $bvb379$bvb379 Member Posts: 155
    REMOVED UNNECESSARY QUOTE FROM PREVIOUS POST

Thanks for the info. I already have the Sec + and really bought the Project + book to give me a quick overview because I have a face-to-face interview tomorrow with the company. They know I don't have any formal project management experience which is fine because this is an entry-level role. I would just like to be able to answer a few questions correctly if they decide to ask. Also, just wanted to tell them that I bought study materials after the initial phone interview as a gesture that I do indeed want the job and am willing to learn inside and outside of work.