COBIT 5 Foundation Certification

renesa05renesa05 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi,

I am looking for some information regarding COBIT 5 Foundation Certification.

The study guide ISACA mentions in their website is "COBIT 5: a business framework for the governance and management of enterprise IT" and the book I see is only 98 pages. I am a bit confused whether this is the only book to study.

If someone who passed the foundation exam can help me out with this and any other study guides it will be a great help for me.
And also how difficult is the exam compare to other foundation level exam like ITIL foundation.

Thank you.

Regards,

Renesa

Comments

• BaptistaBaptista Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I did't go to Cobit 5 foundation and I am not sure what literature you need to pass this exam. But I am sure that publication consists of:

COBIT 5 Enabling Processes (230 Pages)
    COBIT 5 Implementation (78 Pages)
    COBIT 5 Enabling Information (90 Pages)
    COBIT 5 A Business Framework for the Governance and Management of Enterprise IT (94 Pages)

...maybe more, but I don't have this info.
  • TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Baptista wrote: »
    I did't go to Cobit 5 foundation and I am not sure what literature you need to pass this exam. But I am sure that publication consists of:

COBIT 5 Enabling Processes (230 Pages)
    COBIT 5 Implementation (78 Pages)
    COBIT 5 Enabling Information (90 Pages)
    COBIT 5 A Business Framework for the Governance and Management of Enterprise IT (94 Pages)

...maybe more, but I don't have this info.

Those are the different levels that someone can be certified in, similar to the ITIL levels, not all books are required to study for the exam or for the certification. For the foundation level you only need the 94 page document. Read the ISACA website about the materials and the levels, its all there.
  • BaptistaBaptista Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Ok, thx. I have told that I am not sure about what is needed for Foundation exam.

@renesa05 Now you have your answer.
  • ItsmHarunItsmHarun Member Posts: 178
    Course participants will get to Know facts and terms relating to the some Principles of COBIT 5.
    • The names and Key aspects of the five key Principles for governance and management of enterprise IT
    • The names and descriptions of the seven categories of Enablers that influence how the governance and management of IT works
  • torrentetorrente Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I suggest that you look for the syllabus in detail, there you have the detail of the exam content.
    You will notice that apart of the content of the framework book you will need some content from the Enabling Processes and PAM books.
  • tommscstommscs Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have written the exam with 35/50 pass mark (Self Study). Basically all you need is "COBIT 5: A Business Framework for the Governance and Management of Enterprise IT", additional material from an ATO and recent COBIT 5 questions to keep you in scope. However, COBIT 5 Foundation requires that you read between lines. Thanks
  • tommscstommscs Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    tommscs wrote: »
    I have written the exam with 35/50 pass mark (Self Study). Basically all you need is "COBIT 5: A Business Framework for the Governance and Management of Enterprise IT", additional material from an ATO and recent COBIT 5 questions to keep you in scope. However, COBIT 5 Foundation requires that you read between lines. Thanks

Let me add that ITIL is no equal with COBIT 5. COBIT 5 is more difficult. (my personal experience though)
  • alihaddawialihaddawi Member Posts: 1 ■■□□□□□□□□

dears,

I'm interested in COBIT 5 Foundation level , could download

"COBIT 5 A Business Framework for the Governance and Management of Enterprise IT" ( 94 pages)

is that enough to read for Foundation layer or should I take other document please.

Ali