Studying for the SK0-004

jekahjekah Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
For those that have already taken and passed this cert; Will it be sufficient to use SK0-003 study materials? Should I get the "CompTIA Server+ SK0-004: Complete eLearning Courseware, Practice Exam, and Live Mentoring" although it is expensive at $227? What about the "Logical Operations" CompTIA Server+ (Exam SK0-004) Student Print Courseware for $115. Anybody have experience with these materials? Any other good sources to study for the exam yet?

Also; Anybody try this item on Ebayicon_sad.gifprobably a bad idea)
CompTIA Server+ PLUS Updated Test SK0-004 Exam QA PDF+Simulator with 228 questions?

Comments

• Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    "Live Mentoring" seems like a waste. After bombing the CASP, i think I'm going for Server+ next, so I'll look over resources and tell you what I think.
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • jekahjekah Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks Mike-Mike. I hope you find something.

I have access to Skillsoft videos. Will this be a good way to learn? I think I have had trouble with these before because i wasn't exactly sure how to take notes that will be effective while watching the video. Looks like there is a Test Prep in there to that can be run in Study or Certification mode. Anyone with experience use this? Are the questions appropriate for this test. In the title it states that it is for SK0-004?
    well if you have Skillsoft, that CompTIA bundle is a waste for sure. I think that is the "eLearning courseware" they refer to.

I think Skillsoft is good, but should not be your only source. I think I will buy CompTIA's their electronic courseware and use Skillsoft as well:

CompTIA Server+ (Exam SK0-004) Student Electronic Courseware - CompTIA Authorized
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
    Good to know about Skillsoft. Maybe I will get the training form CTia, too. Do you know anything about VCE's training? Somebody recommended it. If so, is there a free **** of it somewhere?
  • Jpow12Jpow12 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I just passed the Server+ SK0-004 today, I used the skillsoft elearning portal that Comptia offers on their website. I found the videos to be informative and the testprep practice test helped a lot, the questions are structured like the actual Comptia Server+ questions and cover most of the questions I encountered today during my exam. Its not a bad way to go to get ready for the Server+, worked for me anyways but I can't compare it to any other study material.
    Thanks Jpow. I did start the Skillport training. Seems pretty good. Just surprised by one architecture question. It was about the i7 lineup of cpus. I thought almost all servers were Xeon and one other processor, but not i7?
  • Jpow12Jpow12 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    The only server I've ever encountered with an i7 was a supermicro but I don't think it's unheard of, I work with a bunch of servers at work, mostly Lenovo and I know that we have the option to order some servers with I7's. I7's have integrated graphics, but Xeons usually have double the L3 cache of I7's, can use ECC ram, and can have more physical and logical cores with hyperthreading which makes them preferable to the I7's for servers.
    Thanks for the info. I didn't think one would want a server without ECC ram.
    i too started the Skillport and thought it was pretty good
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • jasojaso Member Posts: 40 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Pluralsight released a new course for the server+ (updated for sk0-004).
  • asher82asher82 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am studying for server + and was doing test prep from brain ****, has anyone used this? Was it close to the questions?
  • Nafe92014Nafe92014 Member Posts: 279 ■■■□□□□□□□
    asher82 wrote: »
    I am studying for server + and was doing test prep from brain ****, has anyone used this? Was it close to the questions?
    Brain **** are not welcomed here.
    Certification Goals 2020: CCNA, Security+

"You have enemies? Good, that means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." ~Winston S. Churchill