Passed exam

CASPCertifiedCASPCertified Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi All,

First of all let me thank you to all who posted their experience and strategies to get through this exam. I passed on my first attempt icon_cheers.gif

I had the benefit of passing the CASP exam in December which was a great help also.

My learning strategy was always a little bit different, but it might help one or the other of you getting through the exam:

Here is what i used:

Books: CISSP (ISC)2 Certified Information Systems Security Professional Official Study Guide: Edition 7

CCCure: https://www.freepracticetests.org/qu...?page=register

Google: Embrace and use it.

So what did i do different ?

I learned actually backwards. I started first with CCCure, which i found to be an excellent pool of sample questions. It handles all 8 domain specific topics, let you run the quizzies in test and study mode and you can define how many questions you want in a quiz.

The Questions/Topics i couldn't answer i wrote down and read up on them after the quiz. I solely kept on repeating exactly this behavior to get ready.

When i started i was in the 70% range and brought it up to the consistent 90% before i signed up for the exam.

A small complaint i would have about CCCure. Some (a small %) of the CCCure questions are way to deep in technology. The CISSP is definitively a one mile wide 10 inch deep certification, when it comes to technology.

As an Example: An IP Header has a value of 17. What value does it reflect. (The answer would be UDP) but i have not encountered a single deep technical question during my exam.

Experience helps!
I have almost 14 years of experience in 6 domains. Some more some less. But i would state here that i wouldn't have passed without having the experience.

I would have rated my test roughly as followed:

55% Question - Poor knowledge, be the walking dictionary and your absolutely acing this part
40% Question - Experience;
5% Questions - Questions which are in my humble opinion phrased too broad to give a single answer. Use again Experience and best judgment

Good luck all

Comments

• User2097User2097 Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Keep pushing for more :D
    Cert Goals: CISSP-ISSAP (May 2016) | CISM (2016) | GSEC (2016) | OSCP (2017)
    College: MBA Project Management (2012) | Bachelors IT Management (2010)
    Experience: Cyber Security, Information Assurance, and IT Management Officer
  • Danielm7Danielm7 Member Posts: 2,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats! I followed almost exactly the same study method. Questions first, narrow down what I need work on, then focus on that, worked for me too.
  • clarkincnetclarkincnet Member Posts: 256 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    Give a hacker an exploit, and they will have access for a day, BUT teach them to phish, and they will have access for the rest of their lives!

Have: CISSP, CISM, CRISC, CGEIT, ITIL-F
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • sameojsameoj Member Posts: 366 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • danny069danny069 Member Posts: 1,025 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thanks for the write-up and congrats! What's next for you?
    I am a Jack of all trades, Master of None
  • Terminator XTerminator X Member Posts: 60 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!
    -Tact is for those not witty enough to be sarcastic-
    ~Unknown
  • havoc64havoc64 Member Posts: 213 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • CLICKCLICK Member Posts: 88 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats ..well done !!!