PDA/Smartphone

reloadedreloaded Member Posts: 235
Anybody have a PDA/Smartphone? I am thinking about getting one in the coming months because I'm just getting tired of the traditional cell phone. I want a keyboard to text message with and I would love to check my hotmail or go Wi-Fi at the local Panera Bread without having to haul my laptop around when I do school work or whatever. The only concern I have is that it has to be small enough to fit comfortably into a jeans pocket when I go to say, the bar on Friday night. Just wondered if anybody had an opinion. Thanks! icon_cool.gif
Reloaded~4~Ever

Comments

• PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Can tell you maybe next week (if it gets correct model arrives and things get setup).

I'm a little concerned about the size, but excited to know that I can check my mail while on the road.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • bighornsheepbighornsheep Member Posts: 1,506
    Jack of all trades, master of none
  • TransatlanticTransatlantic Member Posts: 120
    I used a palm treo for about a year for work and found that to be really nice to use (think it was a 650.... might be wrong there though). Since moved to using blackberrys now, which I can't stand icon_mad.gif , mainly for poor phone service, it drops calls repeatedly and has really poor reception. That said, it may just be nextel that makes it so hard to use.
    "Mistakes have been made, others will be blamed."
  • DirtySouthDirtySouth Member Posts: 314 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Never heard of HTC before. Do they make good stuff? I wonder if that would work with Verizon...probably not I'm guessing. icon_sad.gif
  • bighornsheepbighornsheep Member Posts: 1,506
    DirtySouth wrote:
    Never heard of HTC before. Do they make good stuff? I wonder if that would work with Verizon...probably not I'm guessing. icon_sad.gif

HTC is the OEM mnaufacturer of most current PDA phones. Their old brand name was Qtek, but recently they started using HTC as their front end branding. iMate, Dopod, O2, Orange SPV, XDA, MDA and many others are retailer/carrier rebranding of HTC devices.
    Jack of all trades, master of none
  • wildfirewildfire Member Posts: 654
    I have a rebranded one of these TyTNs (branded Orange SPV M3100) and I got to tell you its pretty Awesome. The battery life is very good even with WIFI on. it has a 400mhz proccessor and the keyboard that slides out is cool. With 3G can browse at about 200K/bs and the camera takes good pics (2MP)

I used to have a XDA II and this thing is much better, except I had to buy new SD micro card for it!
    Looking for CCIE lab study partnerts, in the UK or Online.