CISA before CISSP

semehsemeh Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello All,

I'm preparing for the CISSP exam, during that I got a CISA bootcamp training (instuctor led) , do you think it's benefic for the CISSP ? as I need to take CISSP exam by the end of April

Thnaks

Comments

• RemedympRemedymp Member Posts: 834 ■■■■□□□□□□
    They're two different certifications. While there are some domains on the CISA that might overlap with the CISSP, they're in no way inter operable for studying in parallel.
  • 636-555-3226636-555-3226 Member Posts: 975 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Unrelated exams. I suppose I'd steer you towards CISSP first since that'll give you a foundation for understanding the technical concepts in the CISA. Then again, I could say vice versa, so there you go!
  • Dan-in-MDDan-in-MD Member Posts: 52 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I took and passed both CISA and CISSP in 2015 and there is quite a bit of overlap except for the CISA's process of auditing domain. The tricky part is the nuanced differences between ISC2 and ISACA for the areas where there is commonality.
  • Mike7Mike7 Member Posts: 1,107 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I passed CISSP, CISM and CISA in 2015 and in that order. There is some overlap in domains but as @Dan-in-MD mentioned both ISACA and ISC2 have nuanced differences. If you have a technical infosec (instead of auditor) background, you can take exams in the same order as me. Just a note that you may find ISACA material dry if you are the hands-on type.