Options

CCSK Recommendations

H-bombH-bomb Member Posts: 129 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi all,

I'm looking to pursue CSA's CCSK in the next few weeks. I have read the CSA security guidance as well as the executive summary of the ENISA document (since its less than 10% of the exam). Other than these documents, I couldn't find much study material online.

Could anyone enlighten me as to which domains to focus on heavily or recommend any other study material to pass the exam? I have seen others pass the exam with very little to no study. However I have also been told its not an easy exam to pass. Could anyone bridge the gap on this

Thanks,

Hunter

Comments

• Options
    NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    If you read on their website it says that :

"92% of the questions are based on the CSA Guidance and 8% of the questions are based on theENISA report. The very best way to prepare for the CCSK examination is to thoroughly read and understand these two documents."

They have link to a preperation guide right on their homepage as well. I'm thinking of attempting this one later this year. Definitely interested to hear how it is if you end up taking up.
  • Options
    Just took the exam and failed with a score of 77. I have to say it was more difficult than expected. Maybe I took CCSK too lightly. Well, I guess back to studying for another attempt!
  • Options
    TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I'm guessing you are taking the CCSK because you don't meet the requirements for the CCSP right? Read my post below for the CCSP, you will need to read up on some NIST publications and maybe try the CCSP cbk also, there is also a new version of the book coming out in May.

http://www.techexams.net/forums/cloud-certifications/117662-passed-ccsp-certified-cloud-security-professional.html
  • Options
    I took CCSK for a better understanding of cloud security as its not an area I have much experience or knowledge in. After my failed attempt, I studied for 7 hours straight and then retook the exam and passed with a 92. Anybody expecting to rely on the open book option solely, is going to be in for a rude awakening. You definitely need to know the concepts and how they work. I would recommend anyone interested in cloud security to take this exam.
  • Options
    trooper1414trooper1414 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    how much study time did you need in all to pass? Also did you have any prior experience in the domain? I am thinking of clearing this in a week, is that possible?
  • Options
    I studied lightly for about 2 weeks. I took several notes and made a study guide but it wasn't enough the first try. However I'm glad CSA gives you two attempts because the first one helped me get a feel for the exam and it really showed me what i lacked focus in. I don't have any prior experience in this domain. I Think one week of rigorous studying might be enough to clear it.
  • Options
    NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    how much study time did you need in all to pass? Also did you have any prior experience in the domain? I am thinking of clearing this in a week, is that possible?

Well since they say on their site 92% comes from this PDF, https://cloudsecurityalliance.org/guidance/csaguide.v3.0.pdf, if you wanted you could just get by studying that!