Sscp

Infosec85Infosec85 Member Posts: 192 ■■■□□□□□□□
Is there much difference between this certification and Security+? I noticed on their site it's mentioned as entry level.

Comments

• stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Yes. SSCP requires one year of verified experience in at least one of the seven domains. Security+ does not require any past experience. In the various job searches I have conducted, very few are looking for SSCP, compared to Security+, but it seems that more companies appreciate (ISC)2 over CompTIA (based off of conversations I've had with several hiring managers in the Denver/Colorado Springs area).
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • Muhammed HMuhammed H Member Posts: 93 ■■■□□□□□□□
    stryder144 --- So, what you suggest to someone with more than two years of experience in Server/Domain and want to move to Security in the future? Sec+ or SSCP?
  • bryanthetechiebryanthetechie Member Posts: 172
    Sec+ for getting past HR, SSCP for community networking for jobs. In my experience, Sec+ is more well-known and useful for getting past HR. SSCP is kinda like (Sec+)+ of sorts and it's more technically and policy difficult than Sec+. SSCP is less well-known and there are few job postings for it, but it gets you into the ISC2 and related communities in your local area. That in itself makes it a great networking tool where the Sec+ is not looked upon quite as highly in those circles. If you study for the SSCP, you will cover the Sec+ material. If you study for Sec+, you'll want to also look over some SSCP material before you take the SSCP. Good luck.
  • gncsmithgncsmith Member Posts: 459 ■■■□□□□□□□