ISC2 Endorsement Assistance Form

bubble2005bubble2005 Member Posts: 210 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hey All,

I'm currently completing my CISSP assistance endorsement form and wanted some clarification on the form. Yeah i'm not that brighticon_cool.gif. I have attached the form, so that you can follow along.applicant-endorsement-help-form-universal-final.pdf

I have to let ISC2 endorse me because 1. No CISSP holders currently where i work 2. I never worked with any CISSP holders. I am also using a one year waiver (have both masters and applicable cert).

Here are my questions below related to the assistance form:
  1. May 2016 will solidify an additional year of performing security related duties in the CISSP domains. Would it be an issue submitting now or should I wait until May to submit? I currently have 3 years and 9 months (one year waiver included). Will ISC2 round my 9 months up to a year or not? Of course on the form, when it comes to listing the domain by month, would I also round that up as well or keep it at 9?
  2. On page 1, am I supposed to select the CISSP check box or leave it empty? Also, am I supposed to answer the question asking if I am a CISSP holder in good standing? (seems a bit counter-intuitive to me)
  3. On page 1, where do I locate the examination #? Does ISC2 mean the Registration ID provided after scheduling the exam via Pearson Vue?
  4. On page 8, in the section that asks you to fill in your name, examination #, and date, is ISC2 asking for the date I took the exam? Beneath that is a signature section, which also asks for a date. I wanted to know the difference. (seems a bit counter-intuitive to me)

Let me know what you all think, thanks.

Think Big Stay Focus: In the midst of all situations, think positive.:thumbup:

Comments

• TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    1. I'd wait, but I thought the requirement is 5 years not 4 and you have 4 including the waiver.
    2. Select cissp.
    3.This would have been provided on your email confirmation as well, is the number id.
    4. One date is the date you took the exam, the date at the signature section you put the actual date you are signing the form and sending it. So 2 different dates.
  • bubble2005bubble2005 Member Posts: 210 ■■■□□□□□□□
    TheFORCE wrote: »
    1. I'd wait, but I thought the requirement is 5 years not 4 and you have 4 including the waiver.
    2. Select cissp.
    3.This would have been provided on your email confirmation as well, is the number id.
    4. One date is the date you took the exam, the date at the signature section you put the actual date you are signing the form and sending it. So 2 different dates.

Maybe I'm looking for this id in the wrong place. The email confirmation I have is from Pearson Vue and the only IDs stated are Candidate ID and Registration ID. The other confirmation I have is the follow up email from ISC with their congrats. The only ID i see in there is Candidate ID. Can you tell me which email confirmation you are referring to?
  • TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Look at the ISC2 email confirmation you received, its the number after "Certificate/ID Number" this will be your ISC2 id number for as long as you are an ISC2 member. If you ever attend any webex or conferences and you want to claim cpes, this is the number you will have to provide. It will be on your paper certificate and wallet id that you will receive.
  • bubble2005bubble2005 Member Posts: 210 ■■■□□□□□□□
    TheFORCE wrote: »
    Look at the ISC2 email confirmation you received, its the number after "Certificate/ID Number" this will be your ISC2 id number for as long as you are an ISC2 member. If you ever attend any webex or conferences and you want to claim cpes, this is the number you will have to provide. It will be on your paper certificate and wallet id that you will receive.

Oh yes, thanks manicon_cheers.gif. I'm very literal so my eyes were spot on for looking for category on my confirmation as "Examination #". Ok well since it's the Candidate ID, that's pretty clear. I wonder why ISC2 didn't decide to just simply state that...icon_silent.gif (oh yeah, forgot, it's ISC2).
  • GessGess Member Posts: 144 ■■■□□□□□□□
    bubble2005 wrote: »

On page 1, am I supposed to select the CISSP check box or leave it empty? Also, am I supposed to answer the question asking if I am a CISSP holder in good standing? (seems a bit counter-intuitive to me)

The form is used for many (all?) ISC2 certifications. The "Member in Good Standing" question is for those applying for CCSP.
  • bpennbpenn Member Posts: 499
    I am in a similar boat as I cannot apply for endorsement until May when I have the prerequisite experience. I would definitely wait until then so
    ISC² doesnt possbily reject your request if you apply telling them you arent at 4 years yet.
    "If your dreams dont scare you - they ain't big enough" - Life of Dillon