Passed 3rd Attempt - 2/23/16 FINALLY :)

CLICKCLICK Member Posts: 88 ■■■□□□□□□□
FINALLY.. after 3 tries !!!!! Finally able to post my PASSED thread..

First off, i thank GOD!!!! a big HALLELUJAH!!! the test was gruelling and had to pray on most of the questions only coz i didn't feel confident with a lot of them.. GOD is awesome what can i say, Prayer actually works. Second, i thank my family for putting up with me these past 11 months, i tell you, the 2 fails really made me feel like i let my family down, but i didn't give up and kept going, i figured, i will eventually get it, just had to re-focus. Lastly, i Thank ALL of you here in T.E. who inspired, encouraged, shared wisdom, and just kept folks like myself going.

Referring to similar threads that i basically followed and emulated, thanks to Stamford , puttar and a lot of you who inspired and kept me going, special shout out to ericrrr, djasonslick who i still on their way to getting theirs.. there's a famous speech by Jimmy V ''don't ever give up" is i guess how i want to summarize my journey... i tell you when you finally slay this monster of a test, it's all gonna be worth it, i haven't hardly slept for 2 days after due to adrenaline and sheer ecstasy :)

What i've tried differently;
1. Went to a different test center, just to change the vibe (obviously worked)
2. Also schedule in the afternoon (2PM) instead of previous 2 attempts at (8AM), really worked out since i had time to focus and do a little review in the morning
3. since Nov just hit practice tests: cccure, transcender, Sybex online (previous to that i read the Shon Harris book, Sybex 7th Ed, 11th Hour, Cybrary videos, Shon Harris audio during my drive)
4. Took a week off before my test to hone in on weak domains that showed up during my practice tests (that really helped out as well since i was able to focus)

To summarize... don't give up.. keep working, pray and believe you will get it. Your work plus God's Grace will see you through.

Thanks again everyone.. off to endorsement icon_lol.gif

CLICK

Comments

• MjoshiMjoshi Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Swimfan2516Swimfan2516 Member Posts: 42 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats dude!
  • sameojsameoj Member Posts: 366 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • clarkincnetclarkincnet Member Posts: 256 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    Give a hacker an exploit, and they will have access for a day, BUT teach them to phish, and they will have access for the rest of their lives!

Have: CISSP, CISM, CRISC, CGEIT, ITIL-F
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Terminator XTerminator X Member Posts: 60 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats and job well done. Never give up and obviously it paid off. Kudos to you my friend!
    -Tact is for those not witty enough to be sarcastic-
    ~Unknown
  • havoc64havoc64 Member Posts: 213 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Great Job CLICK! So happy for you!...

Welcome aboard Click, CISSP
  • VonnVonn Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Awesome determination congrats.
  • impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats, and by the way you inspire us to keep going.
    Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
    It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.

• CLICKCLICK Member Posts: 88 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks ALL... still on adrenaline rush from a week ago :) really appreciate everyone here ..and for those still on the journey,,, i can say it's really worth it. Keep going and keep believing in yourself!!!! You will get there, it's just around the corner so don't give up!
  • puttarputtar Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Awesome job! Congrats buddy!!
  • RobicusRobicus Member Posts: 144 ■■■□□□□□□□
    These are my favorite flavors of pass threads-- those characterizing determination and perseverance!

Huge congratulations!
    What's Next? eLearnSecurity's eCIR

MSISE, CISSP, GSE (#202), GSEC, GCIA, GCIH, GPEN, GMON, GCFE, GCCC, GCPM, eJPT, AWS CCP
  • sydneysundarsydneysundar Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!. Your post is more valuable in terms of inspiring our domain professionals.. yes the truth is never give up..
  • DocRoyDocRoy Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • robt_1robt_1 Member Posts: 9 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations. You are an excellent example of never giving up!!!
  • CLICKCLICK Member Posts: 88 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks again everyone!!! Cheers to those who are on their way... The prize is definitely worth the hard work and wait !!!!
  • User2097User2097 Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats. I have a guy who I know who failed twice. Keep telling him to take it. Congrats again!
    Cert Goals: CISSP-ISSAP (May 2016) | CISM (2016) | GSEC (2016) | OSCP (2017)
    College: MBA Project Management (2012) | Bachelors IT Management (2010)
    Experience: Cyber Security, Information Assurance, and IT Management Officer
  • techtiatechtia Member Posts: 144