Options

Resume Review - KOHR-AH Style

kohr-ahkohr-ah Member Posts: 1,277
Evening all,

Was wondering if you could read my resume and suggest improvements of descriptions for me. Bonuses were paid out today so my dedication to this company no longer exists as this was all that was tying me to here.

As always I am greatful for this community and thank you.

Techexams-Resume-Review.doc

Comments

• Options
    gespensterngespenstern Member Posts: 1,243 ■■■■■■■■□□
    VMware instead of VMWare

you are a network guy though so it's kind of okay but still
  • Options
    Russ5813Russ5813 Member Posts: 123 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Check verb tenses. I'd recommend dropping the AGS since you have your networking degree on there. Looks good :)
  • Options
    AGS Dropped, Current job tenses changed verbage to be present tense.

Spelled VMware like a sys person :D

Thanks all. A job searching I go.
  • Options
    thomas_thomas_ Member Posts: 1,012 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I would make sure you have periods at the end of all your bullets.
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    I don't do periods on bullets personally. It's not exactly a sentence.

Overall I like it a lot. It's similar to my set up though so I might be a bit biased. I'd suggest trying to work some quantifiable numbers into the bullets if possible. For example this one:

• Led design and implementation new corporate network scheme which was used when converting existing T1 series network to a BGP Hub and Spoke VPN Ethernet DIA based network.

Did it save money? Was convergence time better? What problem did this solve?
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    I don't do periods on bullets personally. It's not exactly a sentence.

Overall I like it a lot. It's similar to my set up though so I might be a bit biased. I'd suggest trying to work some quantifiable numbers into the bullets if possible. For example this one:

• Led design and implementation new corporate network scheme which was used when converting existing T1 series network to a BGP Hub and Spoke VPN Ethernet DIA based network.

Did it save money? Was convergence time better? What problem did this solve?

I will try to expand on that but I see what you mean in details

But what I did was went from paying 600 a month for a MPLS t1 with a centralized firewall to 300 a month for a 10/10 ATT DIA with redundant tunnels between two data centers allowing the malls to be able to reach one another when necessary without having to traverse the same MPLS for all resources. They go down the tunnel they need for the data center they need. Also Centrally Managed all of it as well.

(Which they want to rip out now and go back to MPLS broadband to save even more money... which is why I am reason)