How to prepare for new CISA June 2016 format?

DanikaturiDanikaturi Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
All,

I gave CISA in Dec but did not pass (425) but now I have decided to give it a go this June but would like to know-

1. What would be challenging with new format as questions are reduced to 150 from 200? Does this mean questions format would be different or questions will itself will be tough?
2. Should I have a Change in preparation plan to counter this new format?
3. Will CISA Manual 25th Manual edition is still enough although 26th has come out?
4. I took 1 year subscription of ISACA CISA practice questions, will that do or needs any addition ?

Any inputs will very much appreciated as this is my 2nd attempt and would like to ensure I check all my preparation boxes

Dani

Comments

• dustervoicedustervoice Member Posts: 877 ■■■■□□□□□□
    purchase the latest review manual and DB Q&A. If there are less questions in theory it should be easier as there is more time to focus on questions. I would suggest some supplementary materials those you can find on Amazon. good luck.
  • RemedympRemedymp Member Posts: 834 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • DistordDistord Member Posts: 21 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The online DB got updated a couple of weeks ago. The practice questions in the manual are the same as in the DB ( i have them both).

One question though since i'm taking the CISA exam too in December ( for the 1st time) - how did you fail ? How were you doing on the practice questions ?
  • DanikaturiDanikaturi Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks dustervoice for your inputs. Very much appreciated
    I was doing Isaca DB but the trending score was around 65% but people usually it should be above 90%. Main reason not to clear was due to first domain as I got 230 rest domains were around 430 mark.

So aim is to improve my DB trending score and spend more time on questions as its 150 questions.

I'm curious to know what would be the challenge in this format as domain percentages have changed and reduced questions.

Also is there a difference between cisa Manual 25 & 26?
    Oh ok. I will have a look. Thanks Remedymp
  • auditordvbauditordvb Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    What do you think you would have changed about your study habits to do better on the exam?
  • AaronsmityAaronsmity Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    So will the 2015 materials be sufficient enough? The fact that they have gotten rid of their online course, pared the questions down to only 150 (25% REDUCTION!) leads me to believe there may be significant changes in the question wording or phrasing as compared to 2015? I mean there is no way they made it easier right? I have 2015 CRM and Database... wondering if I should shore this up with maybe the Q&A manual to see if the wording (which should be representative of the test) has changed any?? Thoughts?
  • gtsaplgtsapl Member Posts: 12 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hi everyone,i have a question,CISA manual is changing every year? Because i am thinking to buy the manual but i am not sure if i can manage to give the exam during 2016!
  • dustervoicedustervoice Member Posts: 877 ■■■■□□□□□□
    gtsapl wrote: »
    Hi everyone,i have a question,CISA manual is changing every year? Because i am thinking to buy the manual but i am not sure if i can manage to give the exam during 2016!
    most of the time the "changes"are just in the cover page.
  • aggie24aggie24 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi

I was in the same boat. Did you give the exam yesterday or planning for Sep? Please share your experience.
  • infosaginfosag Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi aggie24,

I gave the exam on 11 June 2016. CISA 2015 manual is still valid and can be used this year too.

As said by other members too the change is only in covers.
    Looking for a study partner to discuss/ pace preparation for the Sep exam.
  • fir_oz2002fir_oz2002 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Dear Aggie,
    I too looking for study partner.
    where is your location ?
    Hi Fir_oz2002
    I am in the US. Looking for a virtual partner.
  • fir_oz2002fir_oz2002 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    aggie24 wrote: »
    Hi Fir_oz2002
    I am in the US. Looking for a virtual partner.

Iam in Kuwait. 😑 all the best, still we can share the knoweledge if u like. anyhow did u find any changes in 2015 C Review Manual V/s 2016 one ?

Thanks
    Firoz