CASP April 2016

firemike314firemike314 Member Posts: 62 ■■□□□□□□□□
Kind of nervous for CASP. I have 8 years of ISSE however; I have heard that this test is some what challenging. I have the McMillan book and CD that I am studying from and seem to get about a 60% on the practice exams that come with the book. Any ideas on how I could tighten the wrench on this thing? I plan on taking it this April and CISSP this fall while I start my MS in Digital Forensics this Fall as well.

Comments

• RemedympRemedymp Member Posts: 834 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You might want to post this into CASP forum or maybe a moderator can move it. However, I used CASP-002 book and the book assumes that you did NOT take the Security+ prior to this exam. It's full of all the information needed to take the exam.
  • firemike314firemike314 Member Posts: 62 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thank you for the reply! I think I am getting ready at a good pace, I just worry that I wont pass. Is this exam that much harder than SEC+?
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    I am not sure if it's harder or not. There's obviously some level of overlap. The one certain thing is that the scope is different. The recommended experience for CASP is 10 years vs. just 2 for Sec+. I think it's definitely too much for both but that gives you an idea that they are no supposed to be equal.
    Thank you for the reply. I noticed that I do find a lot of overlap from SEC+ however; CASP is a lot more in depth in some aspects of the benchmarks to study. ill let you all know how it goes. I do have 7 years of ISSE so will see.
  • MrAgentMrAgent Member Posts: 1,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Are you using any other study materials? I have the same book.
  • Mike7Mike7 Member Posts: 1,107 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The exam is harder as it has simulation questions. You can read about it at The CompTIA CASP Exam Experience - TechExams.net IT Certification Blogs

FWIW, I used Sybex book to supplement my CISSP knowledge before taking CASP CAS-002 exam.
  • SvobodaSvoboda Member Posts: 95 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I had quite a few Sims on my Sec+
    No, just the MCMillan one for now. The material seems to be good with current experience level. I dunno just nervous as usual since i have to pay out of pocket for everything.

I have that book to, but I didn't like or trust the reviews on it. Will see though I am taking it soon.
  • MrAgentMrAgent Member Posts: 1,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    When are you taking your exam?
    Next month, are the practice questions on the CD from Pearson....(removed comments asking members to violate their NDA) I am getting close though scoring 63% on the practice exams from the book.
  • Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    I was scheduled to take mine on Wed, but pushed it back to Saturday. I have done all the Cybrary course, and the Skillport course. Read over half the book, i feel pretty confident, but it's a $414 test, so I dont want to take any chances
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
    Did you pass? I just scheduled mine for the 25th of March.
  • Mike7Mike7 Member Posts: 1,107 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Did you pass? I just scheduled mine for the 25th of March.
    Helping @Mike-Mike

http://www.techexams.net/forums/casp/117678-failed-casp.html
    I am really sorry to hear that bro, ill let you know how it goes my friend.
  • AnnettacAnnettac Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I took CAS-002 on the 22nd. I had studied for months using SkillPort, Career Academy, FEDVTE videos, plus the CompTIA and PearsonVue CASP Guides. Failed it. The SIMS are very confusing and obviously weigh heavily during scoring. Make sure you know your I am pretty sure I missed two of them (out of 7), could have been 3, but felt confident about the Q&A portion.

Good Luck tomorrow. I will test again in 2 weeks.
    I meant to say "Make sure you know your ACL commands to program a router. There is no help in the simulator."
    Thanks bud. I hope I pass.
    You actually had to configure a router?
  • stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Make sure you get discounted vouchers. Getcertified4less has some good deals ($351-ish).
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
    Thanks, ill look into it. I am more worried about a router configuration now. LOL, watching Cisco videos.
    Not configure exactly but had to enter the access-list commands to set the ACL to satisfy the requirement.
    Supervoucher is also a good place to check. I saved $65 on my voucher.
  • RemedympRemedymp Member Posts: 834 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Passed!!!!

Congrats.