WGU MSITM EASY or Difficult?

rlpdevopsrlpdevops Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
HI,

I have completed my BS in computer science 10 years back and currently working in software company. I am planning to do my MS from Western Governors in MSITM.

I have couple of questions:
1. Are the assessments online or paper based?
2. Are the assessments theory or objective type?
4. What are the difficult levels, I would like to understand if we spend 10 hours per week, would we able to succeed?
5. Are the courses easy to understand or do we need to take extra teachings to understand?
6. What is your advise to average student who can understand the basics but do not have in depth knowledge?

RL

Comments

• Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I'm currently pursuing the MS - IT Management from WGU and I will try to answer them as best as I can:

-All the assessments are paper based
    -It's a mixture so far of theory and objective
    -The average is 15-20 hrs a week according to WGU but it's competency based so it depends on your knowledge and learning capabilities
    -So far they aren't too bad I think some are easy but I just started last month so it's too soon to really gauge
    -My advice for the average student is study hard and keep open communication with your course and student mentors

Hope this helps many blessings :)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • ckupckup Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm currently pursuing the MS - IT Management from WGU and I will try to answer them as best as I can:

-All the assessments are paper based
    -It's a mixture so far of theory and objective
    -The average is 15-20 hrs a week according to WGU but it's competency based so it depends on your knowledge and learning capabilities
    -So far they aren't too bad I think some are easy but I just started last month so it's too soon to really gauge
    -My advice for the average student is study hard and keep open communication with your course and student mentors

Hope this helps many blessings :)

Not to hijack the thread, as I'm a lurker user just trying to find guidance;

The certs you have are really close to what I'd like to shoot for in the long run. Would you personally recommend WGU as a credible and relevant university over, say, a state university offering a standard BA in Comp Sci?

If you could do it all over again, what certs would you have obtained to start off? Any guidance/advice would be much appreciated. I know this is sort of a tangent in context of this thread and can start another one if need be.
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    ckup wrote: »
    Not to hijack the thread, as I'm a lurker user just trying to find guidance;

The certs you have are really close to what I'd like to shoot for in the long run. Would you personally recommend WGU as a credible and relevant university over, say, a state university offering a standard BA in Comp Sci?

If you could do it all over again, what certs would you have obtained to start off? Any guidance/advice would be much appreciated. I know this is sort of a tangent in context of this thread and can start another one if need be.

I personally like the brick and mortar schools. I did my first degree going down that route. I think it' s invaluable the personal connections you make as well as the knowledge you learn. It's also a unique experience and the life moments that you experience I think are quite unique. It is very different than the online environment. I highly recommend WGU if you want to get a good amount of certs and having a degree will help your overall prospects with HR and hiring. It is also very affordable if finances are a biggest determination factor. I enjoy the accelerated approach and competency model. :)

If I could do it all over again I would mostly go down the exact same path for certs to be honest. The certs have lined up nicely with my goals and have worked out for me progressively.
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63