Information

JustFredJustFred Member Posts: 678 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hello,

Does anyone know of a way to keep customer information that you could easily access with the right permissions of course?

What I'm trying to build is when I visit a customer the information I collect like IP addresses, server, router, firewalls etc, have it all in one places where you only need to search for said customer and you get to see tabs like router info, serial number, config, network diagrams of said client. Having the option to be able to download them as well.

Preferably something with an web like interface.
[h=2]"After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true." Spock[/h]

Comments

• TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    You mean like asset inventory? I think a lot of companies are using Remedy for asset inventory or some of the popular asset discovery tools like solarwinds. Then you can access it, not aure sure if anyone will allow you willingly to download all their network information.
  • renacidorenacido Member Posts: 387 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'd say OneNote or Evernote would do the trick. Only caveat would be that you'd want to consider the sensitivity of the data and customer expectation of privacy.
  • kohr-ahkohr-ah Member Posts: 1,277
    We always used Solarwinds to do that for customers.
    You could always build a mysql database.
  • v1ralv1ral Member Posts: 116 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Why not Sharepoint?
  • JustFredJustFred Member Posts: 678 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the replies guys. I think in this case it is indeed better to build a db and fine tune it ourselves.
    [h=2]"After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true." Spock[/h]