Passed Security + today

bamahonkybamahonky Member Posts: 52 ■■□□□□□□□□
Passed SY0-401 today. Just a little background on me. I passed the old SY0-301 in January 2012. I let it lapse. This exam was more in depth to me. The sims were a little tricky too.

I may try to knock out CCNP Switch just to get my CCNA R&S to extend. Then push on to a higher level security cert.

Comments

• Infosec85Infosec85 Member Posts: 192 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass! How long did you study for and did you find the exam tough?
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!! icon_cheers.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • danny069danny069 Member Posts: 1,025 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! So I have heard the 401 is a more of a beast.
    I am a Jack of all trades, Master of None
  • scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    Congrats!!icon_cheers.gif
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • bamahonkybamahonky Member Posts: 52 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Infosec85 wrote: »
    Congrats on the pass! How long did you study for and did you find the exam tough?

I used the Darril Gibson book and Skillport. 401 is a bit of a beast compared to 301.
  • gncsmithgncsmith Member Posts: 459 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Fulcrum45Fulcrum45 Member Posts: 621 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Nice, congrats on the pass!
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • D1renegadeD1renegade Member Posts: 8 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats. Hopefully I'll be saying the same in 2 weeks
  • TerabyteTerabyte Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! that exam was brutal for me barley manged to pass but passed nonetheless. Great job