Passed ITIL foundations v3

ac1d12a1nac1d12a1n Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello!

Just wanted to post that I passed the ITIL foundations with a 90%. I studied for 3 days, day 1 I watched the CBT Nuggets course, I enjoyed this course immensely, day 2 I read Liz Gallacher's book which was great reinforcement material. Day 3 I did all the practice tests that I could and went over notes.

I must admit I found the material a little dry, but good to know. I do not plan on any additional ITIL certifications at this time, but who knows what the future holds. I found the test quite expensive at $223 through Pearson Vue but at least it does not expire (although I expect employers to expect v4 once it is announced).
Feel free to add me on LinkedIn! https://www.linkedin.com/in/joshprew

Comments

• greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats!
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!! icon_cheers.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • gncsmithgncsmith Member Posts: 459 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • JustDoItJustDoIt Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!

I'm preparing to write my very 1st cert too and hoping to get it done on Friday and I'm using Liz and Helen's book plus cbt nugget.

What time of questions do the exam have? are they situation base or just definitions?
  • TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    ac1d12a1n wrote: »
    I found the test quite expensive at $223 through Pearson Vue but at least it does not expire (although I expect employers to expect v4 once it is announced).

ITIL does not have versions anymore, the latest version is ITIL 2011 or just ITIL.
  • ac1d12a1nac1d12a1n Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The questions were mostly straight forward, the online practice tests gave a good feel for it, I would say a little situation based and mostly questions understanding the different life cycles. It took my 18 minutes to complete exam.
    Feel free to add me on LinkedIn! https://www.linkedin.com/in/joshprew
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Cerebro 2.0Cerebro 2.0 Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats, I am looking to book my ITIL, work and a baby keep getting in the way!
    ITIL SO [In progress]
    Prince 2 Foundation [In progress]
    Congrats, I am looking to book my ITIL, work and a baby keep getting in the way!

You can book the ITIL at any time, take it any time and you can take it from your home. No reason not to take it.
  • danny069danny069 Member Posts: 1,025 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! So I just wanted to clear this up, is it the ITILv3 Foundations or just ITIL Foundations? I am looking to take this too since it doesn't not expire as well makes it more appealing.
    I am a Jack of all trades, Master of None
    danny069 wrote: »
    Congrats! So I just wanted to clear this up, is it the ITILv3 Foundations of just ITIL Foundations? I am looking to take this too since it doesn't not expire as well makes it more appealing.

The 2007 version was called ITIL Foundation v3 or simply ITIL v3. The current version is ITIL 2011 but they did not keep the versioning going so the current one is just called ITIL Foundation.
  • danny069danny069 Member Posts: 1,025 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thanks for clearing that up!
    I am a Jack of all trades, Master of None
  • ItsmHarunItsmHarun Member Posts: 178
    Congratulations. Well Done. Hope you get new heights of success after achieving this milestone.