Just passed Security + one hour ago!

mikes88mikes88 Member Posts: 6 ■■■□□□□□□□
Just passed Security + on my first try about an hour ago. Spent a week studying. I spent wayyy too much time on the labs. Finished the test with only 7 seconds to spare haha. Same terrible wording and sentence structure as the A+ i took back in 2010.

Hate that the Sec + is CE since my A+ is CFL.

Now I'm going to hop on my motorcycle and enjoy my weekend!

Comments

• techtiatechtia Member Posts: 144
    Congrats. Can you explain the difference between CE and CFL? Oh .. does that mean certificate for life? How did you get it for life?
  • aftereffectoraftereffector Member Posts: 525 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations! It feels great, doesn't it!
    CCIE Security - this one might take a while...
  • mikes88mikes88 Member Posts: 6 ■■■□□□□□□□
    techtia wrote: »
    Congrats. Can you explain the difference between CE and CFL? Oh .. does that mean certificate for life? How did you get it for life?

Thanks! From 2011 and forward CompTIA certifications are Continuing Education (CE) which means you have to re certify every 3 years through courses or retaking the test. My A+ was before this ridiculous three-year year so it'll never expire hence Certified For Life.

Mike
  • gncsmithgncsmith Member Posts: 459 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • techtiatechtia Member Posts: 144
    Man that is so not cool, I wish mine was CFL
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!!
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Fulcrum45Fulcrum45 Member Posts: 621 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Woot Woot! Good Job!
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • dhay13dhay13 Member Posts: 580 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats

i did my A+ and network+ in 2010. i purposely completed both before the end of 2010 because of that. wish i had done the security+ and linux+ then too
  • B.B.B.B. Member Posts: 12 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Depending on the Field/Job you are aiming for CFL may not be accepted. Anything dealing with the DoD/Gov't or a DoD contractor has to be CE
  • greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats!
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.