SANS Work Study Question

LR0926LR0926 Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi all,

I had a question regarding work study that I was hoping one of you that has done it can answer:

I've signed all my paperwork and paid the work study fee 1 week ago. The event doesnt start for another 4+ weeks, should I expect access to On Demand and receive books before the event or only after the event is started?

Comments

• cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Not sure if it was here but I think I read someone requested early access and SANS allowed it. Best course of action would be to check with SANS to be sure. One thing though, keep in mind if you do get early access the 4 months countdown will start right then.
  • hilldhilld Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    LR0926 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I had a question regarding work study that I was hoping one of you that has done it can answer:

I've signed all my paperwork and paid the work study fee 1 week ago. The event doesnt start for another 4+ weeks, should I expect access to On Demand and receive books before the event or only after the event is started?

You can request on demand access in advance. The duration will be 120 days. Your books will be issued at the class. This is spelled out in the FAQ's for the work study.

See here. https://www.sans.org/work-study/#faq
  • IaHawkIaHawk Member Posts: 188 ■■■□□□□□□□
    If you wait until after the event, is the OnDemand material from that particular event or will it be the same material you could receive beforehand?
  • LR0926LR0926 Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks all for the replies and info
  • hilldhilld Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Same material unless they happen to record/simulcast that event.
  • bassmen999bassmen999 Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Just what I needed to know! Thanks guys!