Options

Will they be updating ICND1 soon? + Study material suggestions?

domn425domn425 Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey guys, I've just started studying for CCENT after finishing CompTIA A+. Just now I realized the exam isn't a very recent one. Should I worry about them suddenly releasing a new exam or something? I haven't seen any information on that, but want to make sure. Also, what study materials do you guys recommend? I'm using Cisco Packet Tracer to practice right now, but I'm planning on buying some Cisco equipment to practice it really hands-on. I'm using the Cisco CCENT/CCNA by Wendell Odom I think, and Todd Lammle's CCNA/CCENT IOS Commands Survival Guide. Both books are good but are a mix of CCENT and CCNA, and I can't really tell which material is CCENT and which is CCNA, so I guess I'll just study for both exams.. maybe I'll find CCENT easier that way. What do you guys think? Any suggestions on any other learning material I should use? I'd like to get the CCNA as soon as possible and will try to put in as much time as I can into this. Today alone I spent about 5-6 hours studying/practicing.

Comments