Options

January 26, 2016 - CISSP Passed!!!

KeenlearnerKeenlearner Banned Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
First of all thanks to all of you, who contributed on this forum. Here is my journey.

So I was studying on and off from 2008 when i was in my last year of graduation from that time till now i did lots of certs but was never confident to attempt.

Last year in march I prepared for the exam and took almost 2 months but unable to attend then in december I again started studying and it took me two serious months to nailed down.

I read sybex cover to cover, eric conrad 2nd edition cover to cover, I saw cybrary videos single time and created my very comprehensive notes.* I reviewed combined notes just first 7 domain short of time in last week and last night I reviewed sunflower.

I did sybex all chapter quizzes and first 3 full exams from sybex portal.
I had ccccure account but just did 2 or 3 full exams not all of them. I did mcgrawhill first seven chapters and shon AIO 6TH edition chaptee quiz for first five because of short of time.

But most important thing during all my preparation and even in exam i was motivated and telling my self you can do it.. just strike harder. I have exp of more than 5 years of information security and out of that 2 years in infosec consultancy and 3 years in managerial role.

And yes techexam forum all passed threads motivated me everysingle day infact night before my exam I browsed the forum to check any new pass thread and there was one fail review. That was depressing but one thing which i have concluded from this exam is its not about how much you know its all about how you handle the pressure and how greatly you implement your learning.

Now exam crux - it took me 10 mins less 6 hours to just attempt all questions and review 70 tagged questions. I'm not sure but i was unable to identify 100+ questions topics..

Honestly its not about reading books you have to understand the concepts. And thats it.. half of the questions were hell miserable and remaining were like sugar candies.

Again thanks to everyone.. and best of luck to upcoming cissp's...

Comments

• Options
    protacticusprotacticus Member Posts: 91 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Well done, congratulations for your fantastic achievement.
  • Options
    Danielm7Danielm7 Member Posts: 2,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on the pass!
  • Options
    protacticusprotacticus Member Posts: 91 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I did sybex all chapter quizzes and first 3 full exams from sybex portal.
    I had ccccure account but just did 2 or 3 full exams not all of them. I did mcgrawhill first seven chapters and shon AIO 6TH edition chaptee quiz for first five because of short of time.

Can you compare sybex-ccccure-mcgrawhill questions...which were most useful for you?
  • Options
    havoc64havoc64 Member Posts: 213 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! If you don't mind me asking, how were the IS0 27001 exams?
  • Options
    CLICKCLICK Member Posts: 88 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks for sharing and congrats on the pass :)
  • Options
    gncsmithgncsmith Member Posts: 459 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    semehsemeh Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratz for the achievement :)
    Kindly share your comprehensive notes document
  • Options
    greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats !!!!
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • Options
    DocRoyDocRoy Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    jones551jones551 Member Posts: 154 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Great Job! enjoy it.