Options

Confirmation for CISA/CISM application

Comments

• Options
    andhowandhow Member Posts: 151
    torrente wrote: »
    I have the feeling that our applications will move today, not to the end "Certified" step but at least some movement…

I really want to finish this. icon_rolleyes.gif

Aren't you the optimist! icon_thumright.gif

Regardless, the 8 weeks is up for me on the 11th of this month. The clock is ticking...
  • Options
    maharalielmaharaliel Member Posts: 119
    You wait like two weeks, before receiving acknowledgement.
  • Options
    maharaliel wrote: »
    You wait like two weeks, before receiving acknowledgement.

One of my coworkers has waited a month (today I think) and still hasn't received acknowledgement. They're not as consistent as they used to be.
  • Options
    torrentetorrente Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Maybe today we will see any movement in our CISM applications… icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Options
    Maybe today we will see any movement in our CISM applications… icon_rolleyes.gif

I think there should be some sort of drug test that is required before you earn your CISM because you, my friend, are definitely on some powerful substance.

Send some my way, will ya'?
  • Options
    dome625dome625 Member Posts: 13 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hi All,
    Are we looking at the page that contains the information below for changes to the application status? Just want to make sure I'm looking at the right area after logging in.

CISA Pre-Certification Summary

Certification Status:
    Not Certified - Exam Result: Pass (Dec 2015)

• Options
    The only change that you will notice there is when you are effectively certified, you will notice it anyway because at the same time you should be receiving an email.

You can check the status and how it "advances" in the process in the "Application status" in the line under. In my case I am:
    Application Status: Complete-Under Review

Next step should be something like "Approved" or "Selected for audit", after that I think that the final step is "Certified"
  • Options
    Thanks. My page still shows "Apply for Certification".

I'll wait it out like everyone else icon_sad.gif.
  • Options
    When you applied? I understand that it would not be normal being in that step if you applied in a time close to the passing email.
  • Options
    I applied last week. Just wanted to make sure I was looking in the same place since I haven't received anything yet. I kinda get that I'll have to wait but, didn't know if I was looking in the right place.
  • Options
    jcundiffjcundiff Member Posts: 486 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Last week you are probably ok to wait another couple of days... I applied 02/03, emailed again on 02/27, they found my application on the 1st and now in "Complete - Under Review" the email moving it to this state said 1-2 weeks... this is for CRISC
    "Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Doesn't Work Hard" - Tim Notke
  • Options
    hasdouhasdou Member Posts: 9 ■■■□□□□□□□
    hasdou wrote: »
    Confirmation mail: on 13/02
    Now I can start to wait (8 weeks) :)

Complete-Under Review on 04/03/16
  • Options
    justinheadleyjustinheadley Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    My timeline for the CISA application is probably like everyone else, but I feel like mine has been stuck in a particular stage for a while, Not Certified - Unreviewed. My timeline is below, anyone had a similar type wait with no change to the ISACA my certs tab?

January 21 - Sent CISA Application
    February 5 - Notification that my App was Received (2 weeks 1 day later) and status changed to Not Certified - Unreviewed.
    Present - Now 4 weeks later and still no status change online. (6 weeks from initially sending the app)

Does this seem normal to those that have seen some movement or should I contact the certs dept to check in? Thank you for your input!
  • Options
    tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Mine says "Complete -Under a big stack of other applicant's applications have fun waiting"
  • Options
    My CISM application moved today to "Approved" icon_cheers.gif

one more little step to finish this...
  • Options
    My CISM application moved today to "Approved" icon_cheers.gif

one more little step to finish this...

So did mine! Alright!
  • Options
    upnorth77upnorth77 Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    andhow wrote: »
    So did mine! Alright!
    Mine too! Woooo!
  • Options
    upnorth77 wrote: »
    Mine too! Woooo!
    Feels good, right?!

I wonder why they have the Approved step... It seems a little redundant. Does anyone fail to get certified if they are approved?
  • Options
    Mike7Mike7 Member Posts: 1,107 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Guess you guys are the first wave of certified CISM. Congrats!
    According to my crystal ball (aka CISM and CISA timeline), you should receive the confirmation email next Tuesday. icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    Mike7 wrote: »
    Guess you guys are the first wave of certified CISM. Congrats!
    I'm not sure about that pugsleyah said that his CISM application changed to Approved on the 20th of last month.
  • Options
    I just received my certification notification.

Finally the end of this long pain icon_cheers.gif
  • Options
    tuabuikiatuabuikia Member Posts: 52 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Got the 'certified' email about 10 minutes. Once it has changed to 'Approved', it should probably take them a day to change it to 'Certified'.

Good job everyone. Looking forward to see you in other ISACA or professional exams in the near future. I am taking a short rest from professional exams for the being to complete my MSc.
  • Options
    And I'm done. All certified up. :)

Congrats everyone!
  • Options
    upnorth77upnorth77 Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    andhow wrote: »
    And I'm done. All certified up. :)

Congrats everyone!

Ditto! Congrats!
  • Options
    levsterlevster Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey Guys,

The wait is finally over! Got CISM Certification notification email this morning.icon_cheers.gif

My CISM Application timeline are:

1. Sent CISM application via email on Jan 29, 2016
    2. Received CISM Application Receipt confirmation email on Feb 6, 2016.
    3. Status changed to 'Approved' on March 3, 2016.
    4. Received CISM Certification notification email on March 7, 2016.

Good luck to you all!

Cheers,

Levster
  • Options
    shadowsong22shadowsong22 Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    You guys are lucky. The status of my application is still Unreviewed since I got notified of their receipt. It has been about 2 weeks already.
  • Options
    dusan985dusan985 Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    My CISA Application status:

February 1st - CISA Application sent
    February 12th - Status on the website changed to "Unreviewed" but no confirmation e-mail received.

That was the last change that has happend :)
  • Options
    mcc39817mcc39817 Member Posts: 20 ■■■□□□□□□□
    So, for those who suggested there was no point in calling, I called on Friday and they said they would take a look and make sure I didn't need anything. Since I submitted everything, they changed my status to complete - under review from unreviewed. I'm not sure what their rhyme or reason is for any of this stuff, but it seems fairly disorganized and I'm curious why they don't have dates for submissions such as "submit by 2/3 and you will be notified within 2 weeks if there is anything additional you need.

All this to say, I'm going to call and ask when the next batch of applications are going to be completed.
    Certs: CISA, CDPSE | Pentest+, SEC+, CySA+
    Planned: CASP+, CISSP, CISM, eJPT, eWPT (2023)

• Options
    mcc39817mcc39817 Member Posts: 20 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Well Folks, I just spoke with ISACA on the phone, and was informed that I'm approved and the website has not been updated yet. They also informed me that the next batch will be going through on Friday and I should receive the email approval and the website should be updated. Definitely excited!
    Certs: CISA, CDPSE | Pentest+, SEC+, CySA+
    Planned: CASP+, CISSP, CISM, eJPT, eWPT (2023)

• Options
    dusan985dusan985 Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    My status on the website changed to "Complete - Under Review" just a couple of hours after my previous post :D
    ISACA, are you following this topic? :))