sources for Nessus training?

tedjamestedjames Member Posts: 1,179 ■■■■■■■■□□
Can you recommend some good sources (including books, videos, in-person) for training on using Nessus? I know about Tenable's training. Anything else? Thanks!

Comments

• renacidorenacido Member Posts: 387 ■■■■□□□□□□
    When I looked for it a couple years ago I didn't find much, but this might help: https://www.cybrary.it/video/vulnerability-scanning-part-2/
  • tedjamestedjames Member Posts: 1,179 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Thanks! The boss may spring for the Tenable training. The more I can find on my own in the meantime the better. The only books I've been able to find are either way out of date (200icon_cool.gif or have received poor reviews.
  • diggitlediggitle Member Posts: 118 ■■■□□□□□□□
    c colon i net pub dubdubdub root
  • 636-555-3226636-555-3226 Member Posts: 975 ■■■■■□□□□□
    We didn't get much value out of the official Nessus training. It was basically a few hundred bucks for an hour-long YouTube-ish walk-through. To be honest, your best bet is to just go through the documentation front-to-back. Not fun, but the documentation is fairly well written and comprehensive
    Thanks for this! I'll let my boss know what you said about it. I'm lucky that the senior analyst in my office has extensive experience with Nessus, so I'm getting some on the job training.
    We didn't get much value out of the official Nessus training. It was basically a few hundred bucks for an hour-long YouTube-ish walk-through. To be honest, your best bet is to just go through the documentation front-to-back. Not fun, but the documentation is fairly well written and comprehensive
  • kiki162kiki162 Member Posts: 635 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Ted - I've been through the training as well. Nessus is super easy, the docs are also straight forward. Check your PM.