MSCA Questions

teddywallaceteddywallace Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
I have 3 years of Level 1 help desk XP and i want to move on in my career. I'm looking in to the MCSA cert. What type of doors/positions will this open for me and is it too ambitious for me to think i can complete the MCSA certs within 6-7 months?

Comments

• Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I think it is possible to finish the MCSA in that time frame but it really depends on how you learn and your prior knowledge and experience. You will need to use a variety of resources such as books, online videos, and of course labs to implement the knowledge and best practices.

The career options that will open up include Systems Administrator or Systems Engineer to name a few. ;)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • teddywallaceteddywallace Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for responding! I study great on my own if i know what to study. That's the biggest hurdle for me. If i knew what to study i'd be more confident in my decision. i currently have no certs. i just hung around the IT guys at my previous places of employment because what they did was way cooler than what i did. i asked a lot of questions and read some books and eventually landed the position i have now. Should i start with MTA and A+ or directly to MCSA?
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Thanks for responding! I study great on my own if i know what to study. That's the biggest hurdle for me. If i knew what to study i'd be more confident in my decision. i currently have no certs. i just hung around the IT guys at my previous places of employment because what they did was way cooler than what i did. i asked a lot of questions and read some books and eventually landed the position i have now. Should i start with MTA and A+ or directly to MCSA?

It might be good to start with the A+ then go after the MCSA just so you have a solid foundation. Plus you add another certification in your skillset. ;)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Cerebro 2.0Cerebro 2.0 Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Doing the A+ is a good shout to give you a solid foundation.
    ITIL SO [In progress]
    Prince 2 Foundation [In progress]